Inspired by real-world counter-terrorist organizations, Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege puts players in the middle of lethal close-quarter confrontations. For the first time in a Rainbow Six game, players will engage in sieges, a new style of assault where enemies have the means to transform their environments into modern strongholds while Rainbow Six teams lead the assault to breach the enemy’s position. Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege gives players unprecedented control over their ability to fortify their position by reinforcing walls and floors, using barbed wire and deployable shields, laying mines and more, or to breach the enemies’ position using observation drones, setting charges, rappelling and more. The fast pace and uniqueness of each siege sets a new bar for intense firefights, strategic gameplay and competitive gaming.
Today, Ubisoft announced that Operation Dust Line, the free update for Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege, will be available on May 11 on Xbox One, the Playstation 4 computer entertainment system, and Windows PC. Continuing the commitment to provide new post-launch content for the game, this second major update introduces two new Operators, a new map, improvements to gameplay, and more.
Two New US Navy SEAL Operators & The Border Map
In Operation Dust Line, two US Navy SEAL operators have been called to assist Team Rainbow to secure the Border, the new free map introducing a mix of old and new construction with open air pathways – making it the most destructible and open map to date:
· Valkyrie : Equipped with the “Black Eye” Gyro Cam Mk2, a quick deployment sticky camera that gives her team a new eye in the sky.
· Blackbeard : Carries the TARS Mk 0, Transparent Armored Rifle Shield with him to battle, increasing his mobile protection without diminishing his field of vision.
Improved Gameplay Experience
The development team is committed to continuing to improve the gameplay experience, through both new gameplay content as well as balancing operators, enhancing player comfort and improving net code.
· Loadout Customisation between rounds: Players can now customise their Operator’s loadout between each round, by simply selecting an operator and going to their loadout to select a weapon, attachments and headgear. This will allow for additional tactical choices between rounds.
· Operator reworks: I.Q.’s unique gadget now has enhanced visual feedback, Montagne’s shield now adds side protection, and Tachanka’s LMG is now easier to place and use. Additional Operator, weapon and secondary gadget tweaks have also been made.
· Introduction of gadget placement cancellation controls: By turning this feature ON in the Options menu, players can now cancel the placement of a gadget at any time. This feature will not only allow players to be more reactive, but will also allow for another layer of gameplay and tactics.
· Winning Team Showcase : After the final round, the winning team’s Operators will be displayed to both the winning and losing teams, and an MVP for the match will be crowned for the ultimate bragging rights.
Season Pass holders will instantly receive the new Navy SEAL Operators and non-Season Pass owners will be able to unlock them using earned Renown currency or R6 Credits starting on May 18.
To learn more about Dust Line visit http://www.rainbow6.com/DustLine
Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege is currently available worldwide for Xbox One, the PlayStation 4 computer entertainment system and Windows PC. For more information about Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege, please visit rainbow6.com and to learn more about other Ubisoft games, please visit ubiblog.com.