As we are closing in on the launch date of Microsoft’s mid-generation upgrade for Xbox One, the Xbox One X, 343 Industries is releasing a major patch tomorrow readying the support for the upcoming mammoth console.
Brian Jarrard, the Community Manager under the username Ske7ch, has confirmed the announcement of the update on Halo Waypoint.
“Great news, the next update for Halo 5 has cleared certification and is on target for release this Thursday, 11/2!”
Alongside the Xbox One X support update, the studio will also release a big patch for the game’s stability and bug fixes.
New / Updated Features
Halo 5 now looks better than ever with 4K UHD support for Xbox One X!
– New Oddball medals added – New announcer voice over audio added – New Oddball skull object added (it’s back!)
Host and play low-latency Halo 5 multiplayer matches with the Halo 5: Guardians Local Server app for Windows 10 PC (to be released at approx. 2PM PT 11/2)
Support your favorite HCS team with new weapon skins for Splyce, Luminosity, and Str8 Rippin. Current release dates: Luminosity 11/7, Str8 Rippin 11/21, Spylce 12/5
Represent your Halo World Championship home region with new United States, Canada, UK, Mexico, and Australia weapon skins. These skins will be available during the Halo World Championship 2018.
New Weapon Tuning for 14 items deployed across all game modes (full details coming Wednesday, 11/1)
New Commendations added:
– Brute Plasma Rifle – Sentinel Beam – Gravity Hammer – Reach Grenade Launcher – Wasp Destroyer – Wasp Gunner – Grunt Mech Slayer
– Changed default settings for Assault to have ball explosion damage enabled on score – Changed default settings for Assault to no longer include double thrust for a ball carrier
– Added the Relic Sword to the weapon palette – Added Forge entries for the new Gunfighter Flagnum
New Custom Game Options:
- Respawn Menu Options
– Player Follow Camera Enabled During Respawn: Enable or disable the Player Follow Camera screen during respawn – Follow Camera Allow Enemy Player Selection: Allows the selection of enemy players in the Player Follow Camera screen during respawn – Enable Stacking Team Spawn Influencers: Increases the chance of spawning with teammates – Spawning Mode: Choose between default spawn selection and random spawn selection
- Flag Mode Options
– Flagnum Type: Set the type of Magnum (standard or Gunfighter) that will be wielded when holding the flag
Improvements & Fixes
General stability fixes
Improved JIP (“Join in Progress”) rules for Social playlists
– Added thresholds that will prevent JIP in Social playlists depending on the remaining score to victory, score differences between teams in a match, and time remaining in the match. These are tuned on a per-game-mode basis with the goal of reducing negative JIP experiences.
Fixed a number of exploits for Warzone
– Fixed ability to get inside bases to contest – Fixed ability to get under the world – Fixed ability to destroy the core when you should not be able to – Fixed an issue where the red team shield door would sometimes not have proper collision
BTB Assault matches now group properly under their own category in the Service Record
- Fixed an issue where REQ currency would sometimes not recharge properly when joining in progress to Warzone modes
- Fixed an issue where players who JIP’ed into Warzone games were not leveling up
- Fixed an issue where JIP’ing players sometimes caused momentary hitches
- Added a fix for the “black screen” bug (We believe this is addressed, and will be monitoring closely – please let us know if you experience this issue post-patch)
- Fixed a bug in which banned players could continue to play matches
- Fixed a bug where Snowzone and Urban home bases did not have player collision
- Fixed a rare crash players could hit if they died while picking up power-ups