Game publisher CAPCOM recently showcased some important information about their upcoming video game remake Resident Evil 2 Remake. They also revealed other stuff like the Collector’s Edition.
Resident Evil 2 Remake Collector’s Edition is pricey
CAPCOM revealed a Collector’s Edition for the upcoming remake during their panel at San Diego Comic-Con 2018. This will be available only at GameStop and EBGames and for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One exclusively. The price tag is a big $199.99.
Resident Evil 2 Deluxe Edition
- Full Game
- Special Deluxe Packaging
- Extra DLC Pack Card
Give Leon and Claire a new look or a blast from the past with unique costumes:
- Leon Costume: “Arklay Sheriff”
- Leon Costume: “Noir”
- Claire Costume: “Military”
- Claire Costume: “Noir”
- Claire Costume: “Elza Walker”
Ensure the undead stay undead with a special weapon:
- Deluxe Weapon: “Samurai Edge – Albert Model”
And bring on the nostalgia with classic tunes:
- “Original Version” Soundtrack Swap
Leon S. Kennedy (R.P.D. Version) Figure
- An expertly-crafted 12-inch figure of Leon on his first day in his new RPD police uniform, re-created to mirror his in-game design down to the smallest details. A must-have for any Resident Evil fan or collector!
“Ben’s File” Art Book
- A 32-page book left behind by Ben Bertolucci, a freelance journalist who makes an appearance in Resident Evil 2. This file contains photos and files documenting events after the Raccoon City tragedy, and was filed away as a highly confidential document by the U.S. government. It’s never been seen by the public… until now.
- A voucher code for a 25-track album featuring new songs from the remake of Resident Evil 2, as well as a selection of arrangements from the original game.
“R.P.D.” Renovation Design Poster
- A diagram reminiscent of blueprints, this poster illustrates how the building was renovated and transformed from a museum to a police facility when work was being done on the building in 1969.
Artwork for both characters revealed
Aside from the reveal of the Collector’s Edition, the audience was treated with a lot of artwork for both Leon and Claire. The characters and their clothes were designed with the help of the extensive use of photogrammetry.
The development team wanted to give Leon a younger look in order to make him appear that he was on his first day on the job. Claire was based on the iconic scene where she rode her bike into Racoon City. With the new RE Engine, they made the city more wet and dark.
The upcoming Resident Evil 2 Remake will launch on PS4, Xbox One, and PC. It will be available on January 25, 2019.
Check out the E3 2018 trailers below:
Source: PlayStation Blog