Game developer Netherrealm Studios recently announced a brand new Kollector’s Edition of upcoming action fighting game Mortal Kombat 11. They also announced several new details about the game.
Mortal Kombat 11 Kollector’s Edition detailed
The Kollector’s Edition of this particular title will be the most expensive one to date because it will include something really special. That particular item is the real-life replica of Scorpion’s famous mask.
The most expensive edition will also include other items as well. These are the premium version of the game, a steel book case, and a magnet of the MK dragon logo. It will come in a package in black collector’s box that has Scorpion on it. The mask in particular is a 1:1 lifesize model, but it is not sure that anyone can wear it.
Another bonus for those interested in pre-ordering the game or any version of it will gain access to the beta version of the game. The beta period will start a month prior to the launch, which will be on March 28. The other pre-order bonus character Shao-Khan was already revealed a while ago.
In other news, rather announcement, several characters were confirmed in the game. There is also a new character included as well. Here are the characters:
- Sub-Zero: a series regular. Fatality has him freeze all but his enemy’s head. He then decapitates and crushes their frozen head.
- Baraka: an NPC during the events of Mortal Kombat X, Baraka is now playable complete with sharp bone appendages to pierce his enemies. His fatality includes him ripping the face off of his foe, removing the front of the skull, and taking a bite out of their brain. Baraka first appeared in Mortal Kombat II.
- Sonya Blade: Another series regular. Her fatality can include complete bodily destruction via helicopter blade, fulfilling all of our fears about those high-speed blades. This time she is played by former UFC fighter and current WWE star Ronda Rousey who was rumored for the role prior to the announcement.
- Skarlet: A fan-favorite is returning with her blood manipulation. Her fatality showed her taking blood out of eyes and mouth of her foe, turning them into piercing rods, and pushing one through the head with an eye attached to it. She was in the series reboot, Mortal Kombat (2011), but was absent in Mortal Kombat X.
- A new character announced as part of the live stream:
- Geras: a new character who has some sand and time manipulation abilities, he appears to be allied with the main antagonist Kronika for this entry. She has control over time and is against the Thunder God’s interference in the timeline. Geras’ fatality includes pushing the foes brain through the front of their head along with their face.
There were other characters revealed as well like Liu Kang and Kung Lao but they were not confirmed to be playable as of now. The antagonist, Kronika, should be playable too, but that is just speculation for now. Kabal also had a brief cameo.
Mortal Kombat 11 will be launched on April 23. It will be available on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and PC.
Check out the other trailers below like the Ronda Rousey confirmed video and others: