RE2 Remake for many of the old players is a dream come true. However, there are some people who also want to play the RE2 Remake but are new to the franchise. But don’t worry, just because you’re new to the franchise doesn’t mean you have to go hardcore mode right away! There’s a special place in Raccoon City for those kinds of people…
So, you’re a newbie and you need help for RE2 Remake. Well, it’s perfectly fine! Here are some tips I can impart to you as I went through the game.
- Choose a mode you’re most comfortable with. – Like I said prior, you don’t have to play hard mode off the bat. If you’re new to the game and the series, it’s okay to start light especially for RE2 Remake. Even more so if you’re a complete newbie to this kind of genre, it’s completely fine to play on the Assisted mode. There’s a reason why it’s there. And again, there’s a special place in Raccoon City for those kinds of people who want to play it hard core off the bat. Besides, you’ll get to choose the difficulty level before you begin the game.
- Don’t blow all your bullets all at once. – This is a common mistake that even I made it for someone who’s been playing games similar to this for awhile. Sometimes, we miss shooting the zombie’s head and that’s okay. If you’re using a mouse, adjust the sensitivity so that your slightest shiver won’t throw your shot off. If you’re using controller, steady the cross hairs while moving back. The zombies don’t run towards you unless they’re a special kind anyway. Besides, there’s a way to run away from the adds (additional ones). You don’t have to kill them all. Another thing I noticed: they appear to have a 50-100 unit detection range. If you’re not within range, they won’t come at you. However, if you are in the range, they still need 1 second before they recognize you and they start making their way towards you. That’s still enough time for you to weave and dodge your way out.
- Keep at least 1-2 subweapons on you. – When you’re dealing with zombies and need to cut open a path, you may as well have 1-2 sub-weapons on you. There will be times that in order to run away you need to kill a few. Thing is, you’ll want to conserve your ammo so having a sub-weapon such as knife or grenade can help clear paths while saving you your precious bullets.
- Inspect the area for clues. – One of the famous things RE2 Remake is famous for is the puzzles. It takes a lot of nitty gritty detail to sometimes solve the puzzle. For example when you reach the goddess statue, there are medallions you have to find. Some of the medallions have to be unlocked through a special puzzle and the only way is through clues. Investigate. Don’t rush. You might miss out some key clues that’ll make your life easier.
- Know your items. – “Do I need this weapon or not?”, “What happens when I combine these two items?” This kind of thought should be a priority thought at all times. As you go through RE2 Remake, you’ll find yourself combining herbs here and there. Like for example, red + green herb makes a full heal herb. Your goal is to make as many Mixed Herbs as possible (Red + Green + Blue) which can give you an extremely valuable buff against damage. Gunpowder can make a variety of bullets such as mixing Gunpowder with High Grade Gunpowder (Yellow) to make Shotgun shells. Perfect for those OHKO’s (One Hit Kills) to the head and for tougher enemies.
So, there you have it. Here are some tips you can use to make living in Raccoon City slightly more bearable. Although it’ll be a little rocky at the start, you’ll get used to it the more you travel through the RE2 Remake.
Still not sure to buy it? Check out our review here.