Syndrome is a survival horror game set in the future, where the player controls a character who wakes up in a spaceship, with no memory of what happened.
The spaceship is adrift in space, and most of the crew is dead or insane. The rest is changed…
You’ll need to survive and find out what’s going on and what happened to the crew. Sometimes the hostiles can be taken out, but most of the times the best strategy is
to run and hide.
The game is played in first person view. While exploring, the player can pick up and interact with objects like doors, keypads, computer consoles, drawers, machinery, etc and use weapons (both melee and long range).
The enemy units are powerful and numerous, which means that the player must be stealthy and evade combat when possible. There are weapons aboard the ship, but ammo is very limited.
● Claustrophobic horror: the action takes place inside a spaceship. There are countless horrors inside, both physical and psychological.
● Fight or hide: there are weapons on the ship, but not enough ammo to take everyone out. Use them wisely.
● Engaging storyline: nothing is what it seems. Something very bad happened aboard the ship, and it’s up to you to find out what’s really going on.
● Oculus Rift support: it’s good to play the game, but even better to be inside the game!
● Reactive enemies: they’ll follow noises and investigate any disturbances.
● Interactive scenario: there’s plenty of exploration to do inside the ship, and many things to discover.
Watch the new Syndrome trailer:
It was a simple exploration mission aboard the fleet’s most advanced ship. Somewhere, it all went wrong. Friends, coworkers… all dead, their misshapen remains stalking the narrow corridors. They are coming, and they will find you.
Syndrome returns to the roots of survival horror with woefully limited supplies, scarce ammunition, and relentless monstrosities that kill without mercy. Stranded on the dying ship, your only chance of escape is to uncover the truth, if you can live that long.
The creatures hunting you are stronger, faster, and utterly deadly. Watch their movements from the shadows, hiding in breathless anticipation for the right moment to strike or sneak away. Every encounter is an internal battle between fight or flight, your dwindling resources a tenuous lifeline to survival.
Syndrome is coming this summer to PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC (Win/Mac/Linux) with Oculus Rift support at launch this Q2 2016.