Game company Nintendo recently announced that popular action fighting video game Super Smash Bros Ultimate will now have a new character: Piranha Plant.
Super Smash Bros Ultimate Piranha Plant addition
The Piranha Plant is a staple enemy in most Mario games and has become one of the feared minions. It is now included in the action fighting game in its glorious form fitted in a pot. This was actually confirmed last year after it was teased.
New update details
Aside from the funky new character, the game has a new update. It is now version 2.0.0 and live for Switch owners. Those who got the game at launch will be to get the new character by redeeming a code, but they have until Jan. 31 to do so.
Here are the details on the latest update:
- You can now play Spirit Board with up to four players.
- Select the spirit you want to challenge on the Spirit Board, and then go to Party → Fighter to select the number of people who will play. When playing with multiple people, you will lose the battle if any player is KO’d.
- The following spirits will now appear in the Shop.
- Partner Pikachu
- Partner Eevee
- Dice Block
- River Survival
- Golden Dash Mushroom
- We adjusted the calculation for Global Smash Power.
- Added the DLC fighter Piranha Plant.
- Piranha Plant will become available for purchase as DLC at a later date.
- Pressing both jump buttons at the same time will now cause you to short hop.
- Fixed the issue where the KO score included your teammates’ KOs when Team Attack was On.
- Game-balance adjustments.
- Various gameplay fixes.
Issues with Piranha Plant DLC
In other news, and unfortunate at that, there have been reports that those who got the Piranha Plant DLC got some issues with their save files. To be specific: the save files are getting corrupted. There is still no confirmation from Nintendo at this time, but it seems like the major bug is only contained to the game’s All-Star mode.
The game is now available on Nintendo Switch.