Grim Guardians Demon Purge is the latest game from developer and publisher INTI CREATES. The 2D Metroidvania tells the story of two Demon Hunter sisters who slash and shoot through a massive demonic castle that was once their school.
In this trophy guide, we’ll point you toward getting the Platinum Trophy for Grim Guardians Demon Purge. Believe it or not, this classic throwback is a pure test of skill. From our assessment, it is almost SNES hard in terms of what it is asking the player to do. We’re sure that there are players who will love this and will step up to the challenge.
There are 41 trophies to collect in the game:
- 1 Platinum trophy
- 3 Gold trophies
- 11 Silver trophies
- 26 Bronze trophies
Grim Guardians Demon Purge Trophy List
- Grim Guardians: Collect all other trophies
- GGDP: Reached the alternate ending
- Legendary Hunter: Cleared Boss Rush mode on Legendary Hunter difficulty or above
- Master of Panties: Obtained everyone’s panties
- In Bonds We Trust!: Reached the true ending
- Demon Slayer: Defeated a total of 1000 demons
- She’s Got Potential: Defeated a demon with one of Maya’s punches
- Veteran Hunter: Cleared Boss Rush mode on Veteran difficulty or above
- Castle Explorers: Found the secret in stage 1
- Looking Good: Found the secret in stage 2
- Rest in Peace, Me!: Found the secret in stage 3
- A Brief Respite: Found the secret in stage 4
- Surprisingly Safe…?: Found the secret in stage 5
- Quake in Your Boots!: Found the secret in stage 6
- Not Enemies, for Now: Found the secret in stage 7
- Demonic Gatekeeper: Cleared stage 1
- Underworld Rock: Cleared stage 2
- Cave Guardian: Cleared stage 3
- I’m Getting Deja Vu: Cleared stage 4
- Power Overwhelming: Cleared stage 5
- Angel Ex Machina: Cleared stage 6
- Kurona, Full Power!: Cleared 7
- Here Be Demon Hunters: Reached the normal ending
- Safe and Sound: Unlocked the gymnasium
- Come With Me If You Want to Live: Rescued 10 students
- Always Evacuating: Rescued 20 students
- Evacuation Complete!: Rescued every student
- Demon Buster: Defeated a total of 250 demons
- Demon Hunter: Defeated a total of 500 demons
- Don’t Forget the Tip!: Purchased a total of 20 items at the store
- Flawless Teamwork: Performed a character swap a total of 100 times
- Never Give Up: Performed the Demon Hunter’s secret arte a total of 20 times
- Where’d You Pull That From?: Reloaded a total of 30 times with Shinobu
- It Keeps Happening: Returned to the start of the game
- Please Help Meeeeee: Saved Risu
- I Can See It All!: Handed the 5 items over to Houdai
- We Bunny Girld Now: Selected “Believe in the bunny” before going into the dimensional rift
- Pure Genius, Right?: Selected “Look for another way” before going into the dimensional rift
- More Demonic than Demons: Powered up all weapons
- Rookie Hunter: Cleared Boss Rush mode on Casual difficulty or above
- Here Be Demon Hunters
- In Bonds We Trust!
- Safe and Sound
- Come with Me If You Want to Live
- Always Evacuating
- Evacuation Complete!
- Demon Buster
- Demon Hunter
- Demon Slayer
- Don’t Forget the Tip!
- Flawless Teamwork
- Never Give Up
- Demon Purge
- Where’s You Pull That From?
- She’s Got Potential
- It Keeps Happening
- Please Help Meeeeee
- I Can See It All!
- We Bunny Girl Now
- Pure Genius, Right?
- More Demonic than Demons
- Rookie Hunter
- Legendary Hunter
- Castle Explorers
- Looking Good
- Rest in Peace, Me!
- A Brief Respite
- Surprisingly Safe…?
- Quake in Your Boots!
- Not Enemies, for Now
- Master of Panties
On paper, the trophy run for the Grim Guardians Demon Purge should be an easy one. Normal mode is a breeze and is designed for a “lite” Metroidvania experience, perfect for anyone who just wants to be one and done with the game.
But there are a couple of hitches that will slow things down if you’re going for the Platinum trophy. First, you’ll need to do a couple or so runs to unlock all the endings and their associated trophies. Secondly, difficulty plays a part. You’ll need to clear Boss Rush mode on Legendary Hunter difficulty or above to unlock the “Legendary Hunter” Gold trophy. The rest of the trophies’ lower difficulty ones will be unlocked as well.
If you want to have an idea of how hard this game can be, just look at the “Never Give Up” bronze trophy. To get this trophy, you’ll need to perform Sister Rescue 20 times. More than 80% of players that played the game has unlocked the trophy. Not since the days of the arcade have we seen this.
To find all the secrets in all 7 stages and their associated trophies, you will need to find the secret paths in Grim Guardians Demon Purge using the sub-weapons outside their intended purposes. For example, using the Grappling Hook to sequence-break.
Now, let’s talk about the… underwear trophy. To get the “Master of Panties” Gold trophy, you’ll need to get underwear. From our experience playing the game, the collection process is similar to Simon’s Quest and Symphony of the Night. But instead of Dracula’s body parts, it’s underwear. We are not kidding.
So, 5 pieces of underwear parallel the 5 parts of Dracula. Get those in one playthrough and you will unlock the trophy. Be aware though, the bosses are going to be very hard. The kind where you really have to get a solid read on boss patterns or at least know what’s in their move set. Additionally, we have observed that the locations for the set of undies are the same areas where you rescued the students. Good luck in these battles.
As for the rest of the trophies for this trophy guide, you can get them by just playing the game normally. You might be self-conscious about buying 20 items from the store, but by the looks of the game, 20 items is a small amount compared to what you’ll be consuming while clear levels.
That’s all we’ve got for this trophy guide for Grim Guardians Demon Purge. It’s not a very long game but in terms of trophy difficulty, it’s not going to be an easy one. Persistence is key for this one, trophy hunters.
Check out the opening movie for Grim Guardians Demon Purge, courtesy of publisher PQube.