QA-1MIL is the first boss that players must face in Hi-Fi Rush. It is a robot that is part of Vandalay’s Quality Assurance and it handles the elimination of defects in the production line. Since Chai is deemed as a defect, its eyes are set to make sure that he does not leave the facility in one piece.
Read ahead as we look at QA-1MIL’s moves and attacks and share some tips and strategies on how to survive and win the fight.
How to beat Hi-Fi RUSH QA-1MIL Boss Fight
The QA-1MIL boss fight is divided into four phases which progress based on the boss’ remaining health.
QA-1MIL Phase 1 Attacks – Verse 1
- Fist Slam – QA-1MIL raises one of its hands up high and slams it to the ground. The fist then remains on the ground for a few seconds, open for you to attack. After two full combos on a single fist, it will malfunction and stay on the ground limp for a few more seconds. You can then perform a special attack on it with two beat combos to send the fist towards the boss’ face.
- Arm Swipe – The boss winds up its arm behind its back and quickly swipes it across the platform. It can also do it as it gets back up right after getting hit by a special attack. Pay attention to the sound alert once its hand is behind its back as this is your signal to jump high and clear the swipe. On later phases, the boss can also move to another side of the platform while doing a swipe.
QA-1MIL Phase 2 Attacks – Chorus 1
- Missile Barrage – The boss shoots out missiles up in the air which will show target circles on the ground which slowly chase you. The boss will also raise its hand and bring it back down quickly to send the missiles down to their target.
- Ground Pound – The boss holds both of its hands together, raises them up, then slams them to the ground, dealing an AoE attack that covers the entire platform. There’s not much tell for this attack other than to jump once its arms reach the max height.
Once QA-1MIL’s health is down to 50%, it enters its Serious Mode which has more powerful attacks and combos.
QA-1MIL Phase 3 Attacks – Verse 2
- Charged Fist Slam – Similar to the regular Fist Slam, but it sends out an electric blast in its immediate surroundings after slamming on the ground.
- Blaster Shots – The boss shoots out four shots as it moves sideways, then shoots four more moving back the other way. This can be avoided just by jumping over the shots.
QA-1MIL Phase 4 Attacks – Chorus 2
- Multiple Fist Slam – The boss slams its arm on the platform three times, with a rest in between the second and the third slam. Its fist will also remain on the ground open for your attacks.
- Charged Explosion – The boss raises both of its hands and a target circle will appear on the ground. Time your jump once the boss crouches down to avoid the blast and don’t get near the boss to avoid the shock.
Hi-Fi RUSH QA-1MIL Tips & Strategies
- During its Serious Mode, QA-1MIL’s head becomes its weak point. It can be hard to target it without getting hit.
- QA-1MIL chest part can also take damage, but the hitbox can make it awkward to gauge your distance from the boss.
- If the fight gets too challenging because of the timing, it might help to enable the visual beat aid.
Check out this video by Impulse showing the QA-1MIL boss fight: