Publisher Chucklefish has announced today that its upcoming deck-building adventure Wildfrost is launching to Nintendo Switch and PC (via Steam) in Winter 2022.
To commemorate the occasion, Chucklefish released the first gameplay footage in the announcement trailer.
“Wildfrost is such a fun take on the deckbuilding genre, combining challenging strategic roguelike gameplay with an incredibly cute aesthetic! You can’t ever truly be mad when an army of deceptively cute Pengoons stops you in your tracks.” Says Katy Ellis, Marketing & Publishing Director at Chucklefish. “We’re thrilled to be able to announce initial localization plans for Wildfrost too. It’s always a joy to see people from all over the world play our games, and we hope to expand the language list ahead of launch even further. We’ll be keeping a close eye on the Steam wishlist data to see which languages the community are most interested in!”
Wildfrost is an exciting roguelike card game set in a world on the brink of destruction from the Wildfrost. Using deck-building tactics, you’ll head into the frost to battle through enemies to reach the Sun Temple, banishing the Wildfrost and returning peace to the world.
In the game, players will build a deck of charming companions and powerful elemental items in an attempt to take back a world that has fallen to the Wildfrost. Only the small civilization of Snowdwell and the remaining survivors are left as the final stronghold against an eternal winter.
Throughout the game, players will have the chance to recruit new card companions and gift them charms to enhance their powers, giving players the upper edge in battles. Return to Snowdwell after each run and rebuild the town, unlock more cards, and encounter new challenges and events for an adventure that has endless replayability.
- A perfect mix of deckbuilding and adventure, Wildfrost lets you test your card battling skills as you fight to banish an eternal winter.
- Pick your ‘Leader’ from a variety of different tribes that offer randomized stats and skills.
- Utilize the ‘counter’ dynamic system to gain the upper hand against foes and frosty monsters!
- Each encounter will offer new cards and a new way to tackle each battle. The way you strategize each fight is up to you!
- Endless replayability with new daily challenges and runs.
Wildfrost will release on Nintendo Switch and PC (via Steam) in Winter 2022. The game will support English, Japanese, Korean, Traditional, and Simplified Chinese.
Source: Press Release