These past few days Batman Arkham Knight on PC was released with a lot of performance issues and bugs due to the bad port made by Iron Galaxy Studios. The PC gaming community took this very seriously especially when the highly anticipated Batman Arkham title suffered on its release and had a lot of negative reviews in the game’s Steam store page. With these issues surrounding the game, Warner Bros. and Rocksteady Studios decided to suspend the PC version’s sale until they find a solution for the game. Fortunately, Rocksteady Community Manager, Yorick, posted in the WBGames forum stating that they know the issues about the game and provided suggested graphic configuration settings to provide smooth experience at the moment.
“Rocksteady is leading our team of developers and partners as we work on the PC performance issues that players have been encountering. The work is significant and while we are making good progress on improving performance, it will take some time to ensure that we get the right fixes in place.
Below is the list of the key areas where we are dedicating our resources to improve the experience for our loyal fans:
– Support for frame rates above 30FPS in the graphics settings menu
– Fix for low resolution texture bug
– Improve overall performance and framerate hitches
– Add more options to the graphics settings menu
– Improvements to hard drive streaming and hitches
– Address full screen rendering bug on gaming laptop
– Improvements to system memory and VRAM usage
– NVIDIA SLI bug fixes
– Enabling AMD Crossfire
– NVIDIA and AMD updated drivers
While we work on improving performance, we will also continue to make interim patches available to address issues for those still playing the game on PC. The first patch is being released now and the updates include:
– Fixed a crash that was happening for some users when exiting the game
– Fixed a bug which disabled rain effects and ambient occlusion. We are actively looking into fixing other bugs to improve this further
– Corrected an issue that was causing Steam to re-download the game when verifying the integrity of the game cache through the Steam client
– Fixed a bug that caused the game to crash when turning off Motion Blur in BmSystemSettings.ini. A future patch will enable this in the graphics settings menu”
The first patch is around 67MB that fix minor things in the game. The good thing is that Rocksteady is taking the lead of the fix and will do more to improve the game’s performance on PC.