Anno 1800 was first released in the first half of 2019. The game is the latest in the Anno series. It combines city-building and real-time strategy with the emergence of the Industrial Age as the backdrop. The Console Edition of the game, for those curious, will include the base game with all major free updates that have been added to the PC version since its initial release over 4 years ago.
In this trophy guide, we’ll give you some helpful tips for getting the Platinum in Anno 1800. There are a lot of choices to make and alliances to forge, so let’s get right to it.
There are 31 trophies to earn in the game:
- 1 Platinum trophy
- 5 Gold trophies
- 12 Silver trophies
- 13 Bronze trophies
Anno 1800 Trophy List
- Anno Expert: Obtain all available trophies
- …. and Empire: Finish the campaign on expert difficulty
- Annoholic: Win a custom game with the highest possible difficulty setting
- Chartered Company: Reach Investors using only charter routes
- Great Exhibitionist: Organise an exhibition
- World Peace: Form an alliance with all players and pirates
- Discreet: Deliver the letter to Eli Bleakworth unopened
- Isabel Found: Discover the New World in the campaign
- Special Operations: Rescue Isabel’s comrades
- The Truth Uncovered: Learn the secret behind your father’s death
- Fire and Rescue: Find all the arsonists and evacuate Bright Sands
- Supply Chain Management: Defend all royal supply ships and destroy all supplies of your enemy
- … Queen,…: Finish the campaign on advanced difficulty
- Choo Choo!: Own your first train
- Full Steam Ahead!: Built a steamship
- Besties: Form an alliance with both Bente Jorgensen and Princess Qing
- Bankster: Make someone happy by building a bank
- Thank you, Mr. Scrooge: Lure Carl Leonard von Malching into gifting you money
- A Ticket Home: Obtain a ticket home
- Nosey Parker: Open the letter you were asked to deliver to Eli Bleakworth
- Back in Business: Full Sir Archibald Blake’s bulk order
- Dutiful Child: Read the whole of your father’s diary
- For Company…: Finish the campaign on normal difficulty
- Fake News: Swap all the articles in a newspaper and then publish it
- Gold Digger: Reach 100,000 coins
- Winter is Coming: Have 10t of Bread, Fish, Schnapps, and Canned Food in stock
- City Planner: Have 10 buildings planned in blueprint mode
- Isambard’s Kingdom: Build wood, stone, and railway bridges
- Climate Change Denier: Build a power plant
- On a Knife Edge: Finish an expedition with morale below 15%
- What’s That Smell?: Have a burning sailing ship
First things first, if you want a shot at getting the Platinum for Anno 1800, you’ll want to do a normal run and then a run on expert. The game is every bit as unforgiving in harder difficulties. Prepare to make sacrifices to stay in the race. The good news is that you can get the majority of trophies by playing the game normally but you may want to keep the following tips in mind.
The Discreet Silver trophy and Nosey Parker Bronze trophy This is an event with two outcomes. To get them both in the same playthrough, save the game before making your first choice. Then load the game and choose the other option. Nice and simple.
Special Operations is a Silver trophy that you can miss if you’re not prepared for it. At some point in the campaign, Isabel will call for aid on behalf of her people. Have a good number of ships ready for when the time comes. You’ll also want to have some cannons to help with the defense.
Fire and Rescue is another trophy that you can completely mess up. This event happens very late in the game. After you’ve built the courthouse, two groups of arsonists will proceed with their attack on your harbor and the one in Bright Sands. You can dispatch the ones attacking your harbor ASAP. But do not react too quickly to the attack on Bright Sands. If you resolve the situation quickly, you will be denied the trophy and other quests. Be patient and let events fold out and react only when asked.
Also, save at the start of every event. There will be times when you are asked to find groups of Arsonists. During one occurrence, you only have 2 minutes to locate a group of arsonists or you’ll the quest line.
The Chartered Company Gold trophy speaks for itself. To get this one, only use charter routes to reach investors. Do not utilize trade routes or oil routes. It will ruin your bid for that trophy.
And finally, let’s end this trophy guide with a fun challenge. To get the What’s That Smell? Bronze trophy, you’ll need to burn down a ship from another faction/pirates while it’s sailing. You can choose to either buy a Pyrphorian ship or buy a flamethrower from the pirates. It doesn’t even need to burn down completely to get it. You’ll get the trophy just by setting a boat on fire.
That’s everything we’ve got for this Anno 1800 trophy guide. Mastery of the mechanics and foresight is what’s needed to have a fair shot at getting this Platinum. We wish you all the luck in the world should you decide to go for this one.
Check out this console reveal trailer from publisher Ubisoft’s official Youtube channel.