The organizers of E3 2021 have announced that the event will have an Online Portal and App and the details were revealed today.
This new online portal and app will be an important key hub for the whole show, which will include virtual booths, hosted events, video conferencing, profile and avatar creation, online forums, and more. Game Cloud Network, HCL Technologies Ltd and Revyrie Inc. created the online portal. This is where all things will start on E3 2021 and it will start with a media access week on Monday, June 7. Public access will start on Saturday, June 12, which is the first day of the E3 broadcast.
“From the moment we decided to host E3 virtually, we’ve been focused on providing an interactive experience for fans around the globe that goes beyond the typical livestream,” said Stanley Pierre-Louis, President & CEO of the ESA. “The result is a bespoke online portal and app that will allow fans, media and industry professionals to have an E3 experience designed to run parallel to the four-day broadcast, laying the foundation for interactive E3 elements to continue beyond this year’s all-virtual show.”
Later this month, interested parties can start to register for access to the online E3 portal for free.
On June 12, the online portal (public version) will offer access to:
- Exhibitor Booths – Featuring special events, VOD content and articles, exhibitor booths will act as hubs within the portal for key announcements and game information tied to each exhibitor
- Lounges – Online gathering spots for all E3 attendees
- Forums – Special boards for focused online discussion and sharing among attendees
- Leaderboards – Gamified show elements that can be collected and displayed, encouraging fans to interact in as many ways as possible
- Profile Creation – All attendees can create their own unique profiles within the portal and app, which can be customized
Both features will also show the E3 live broadcast with interactive overlays powered by Hovercast. Viewers will be able to navigate through the graphics that features viewer polls, featured tweets, and more. The broadcast will be hosted by several popular individuals like Greg Miller, Jacki Jing, and Alex “Goldenboy” Mendez. It will feature press conferences, publisher showcases, extended livestreams, industry panels, and special guest appearances.
Before June 12, media can gain access to the online portal and app for five days long. This is to let them gain early access to connect directly with E3 exhibitors. To schedule for appointments, an online calendar tool will be provided. This will also include chat features and video conferencing. Later this month, the media registration and credentialing will s tart.
The all-digital E3 2021 experience will start from Saturday June 12 until Tuesday, June 15.
Source: Official Website