Publisher PQube and developer Kadokawa Games have announced the release of their vehicle-combat role-playing game Metal Max Xeno Reborn on PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, and PC (via Steam).
Celebrating three decades of post-apocalyptic carnage, Kadokawa Games is pleased to bring the latest version of the series to the West for the first time.
Metal Max Xeno Reborn Physical and Limited Editions
the physical and limited editions of Metal Max Xeno Reborn are available from Funstock! The Limited Edition includes:
- Nintendo Switch or PlayStation 4 Physical Game
- Set of Three Enamel Pin Badges with Branded Box
- Set of Four Artcards (A6 size)
- Collector’s Edition Box
Only 500 copies across both platforms have been manufactured for this very Exclusive Edition, so don’t miss out!
About the Game
- Enter a post-apocalyptic world where humans are near extinction and deadly machines roam the wasteland.
- JRPG with a blend of turn-based and real-time combat, with a wide variety of tanks of armored vehicles.
- Explore the expansive wastes of Dystokio – Free explore a vast world on foot or mounted in your combat vehicle.
- Build a team of three companions and your beloved battle dog, Pochi! Along with the help of artificial-human navigator Po-M, venture out to unite the remaining survivors and build your perfect team.
- Hunt down bounty targets with over 30 boss fights to claim valuable rewards in high-risk, high-reward combat.
- A reimagining of Metal Max Xeno (2018), the latest game in the classic Japanese series, Metal Max.
- Full redeveloped with a brand new game engine and a complete graphical overall, with redesigned characters, enemies, and environments.
Meet Your Future Recruits
- Talis – A man of few words and determined to destroy the SoNS machines. Not much is known about his background other than that at some point he gained a mechanical arm that allows him to channel unique powers.
- Yokky – Help him clean up his act and he’s a dab hand when it comes to vehicles while being an excellent mechanic to boot.
- Toni – Despite her often shy personality, she remains calm under pressure and has a level head even in the direst of situations.
- Dylan – Once the leader of a deadly outlaw gang, his brash and loud personality clashes a lot with the rest of the group but he more than makes up for this with his skill in combat.
- Maria – The last survivor of a heroic group of guardians, Maria looked after a whole library of books that could be vital for the preservation of humanity’s history and knowledge.
- Misaki – Misaki is a researcher that had dedicated their studies to learn more about the Great Annihilation. Misaki’s thirst for knowledge is only matched by their technical prowess.
- Ittica – Part of a rare species of mutants, Ittica has lived a harsh life being hidden from the world. It was only thanks to a devastating monster attack that Ittica was able to escape her captors and find her way to Iron Base.
Explore an Expansive Wasteland
Set in a devasted world now called Dystokio, Metal Max Xeno Reborn is a nonlinear JRPG with real-time battle and vehicle combat elements. Take control of Talis and search for other survivors who wish to fight back against the machines. There are no limits to where you can go, no matter your progression in the game. Use your handy detector to find spare parts and maybe an entire tank to add to your arsenal.
Exploring the wastelands dungeons can be extremely rewarding, and delving deeper underground will find you in a labyrinth of tunnels, monsters, and treasures waiting to be discovered!
Build An Unstoppable Party
The fate of the universe is in your hands! Unite the remaining survivors across the land, recruit new members to your party, and bring different skills to the fight!
Hunt down your enemies with a party of three, plus your beloved battle dog, Pochi, who acts as a special fourth member of the team! Pochi can also level up, learn new skills, and joins the firefight as your fourth party member. Help him earn skill points by feeding him at the base. (And yes, you can also pet him.)
Gear Up For Victory!
Upgrade your skill-tree and develop abilities of your choice from five categories:
Target your enemies using your tanks and weapons to unleash your powers to inflict massive damage. With a full party, combine your skills to balance your strengths and weaknesses and ambush the monster machines from all sides.
Scavenge and Build Your Weapons
Scavenge tanks & parts from across the wasteland. Customize with fresh paint and the strongest firepower you can find with the brand-new vehicle modification system.
Tanks can range in design and scope. Freely customize your tanks, swap out engines, upgrade the weaponry and bump them with special equipment. Enjoy endless possibilities with combinations.
Strike your enemies from inside your tank, or disembark and explore dangerous dungeons on foot with your allies for great rewards.
Metal Max Xeno Reborn is out now on PS4, Nintendo Switch, and PC (via Steam).
Source: Press Release