Hello Games has recently announced the launch of the newest No Man’s Sky Fractal update which will finally introduce the PSVR2 support and add a lot more content.
The newest update No Man’s Sky Fractal launches together with the PlayStation VR2 headset that releases today worldwide. Fractal is version 4.1 for the game and it will now introduce support for the PSVR2 with new immersive controls and next-generation visuals.
Check out the list of some of the features that players can expect with the newest update:
- Play the entirety of No Man’s Sky in virtual reality without compromise, with new levels of immersion.
- Using the power of PlayStation 5, PS VR2 provides a truly next generation virtual reality experience, featuring reflections, terrain tessellation, increased draw distance, denser foliage, ultra-quality textures and refraction.
- PlayStation VR2-specific functionality includes headset vibrations, 3D audio technology and intelligent tracking, haptic feedback and adaptive triggers from the PS VR2 Sense controller and more.
- Switch between VR and standard gameplay. Continue from an existing save to revisit favorite planets, bases and creatures in full virtual reality.
- The HUD and user interface has been completely remade for virtual reality, ensuring that every interaction available in the game feels natural and built for purpose. Including controlling Multi-Tool options via a menu embedded on the in-world Multi-Tool; and browsing the quick menu and inventory via a personal wrist-mounted display.
- Lift open your starship’s cockpit, then reach out and grab the controls to take flight. Turn around for a full 360° view of the starship and vehicle cockpits, with incredible details only visible in VR.
- Many interactions have been given special VR-only options, including: grabbing plants and other collectables with your hands, physically opening the cockpits of ships and exocraft, piloting starships directly with a VR stick/throttle, and punching objects to cause damage.
- With complete head and hand tracking, interactions in virtual reality make No Man’s Sky more intuitive, tactile, and immersive than ever. Physically unholster your Multi-Tool from your shoulder. Intuitively aim and fire at targets, or put it away to engage in combat with your fists. Tap a button on your headset to toggle the Analysis Visor, then point towards fauna, flora, and minerals to scan and discover them.
Even though if a player does not have a PSVR2, the No Man’s Sky Fractal update brings new experiences and huge improvements for everyone. It introduces a new starship called the Utopia Speeder, which allows travelers to skim across planet surfaces at high velocity. There is also a new Expedition called Utopia, which challenges players to work together and rebuild an abandoned solar system for the mysterious Utopia Foundation. Other expedition rewards include an exclusive new helmet called the Fearsome Visor, a robotic drone companion, and more.
PlayStation players can now take advantage of motion controls on the DualSense and DualShock 4 controllers. This makes exploring and scanning new discoveries more comfortable and precise than ever.
The Wonders Catalog shows off the most incredible discoveries, which gives explorers a detailed record of their journey. It allows players to compare their records with others.
The game’s options systems got overhauled too with a lot of new accessibility features. It gives players more control over the way they play and experience the game.
No Man’s Sky is now available on PC, PS4, PS5, Nintendo Switch, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X/S.