Square Enix has recently released Octopath Traveler II, the second standalone entry in the critically acclaimed Octopath Traveler RPG series. It is now available on Nintendo Switch, PS4, PS5, and PC via Steam.
The game is developed by the makers of critically acclaimed original, which has sold over three million copies worldwide, Octopath Traveler II introduces players to the brand-new world of Solistia, where eight travelers with unique storylines and motivations must treacherous lands, conquer enemies in strategic turn-based battles and navigate the perils and promise of a new industrial era.
Octopath Traveler II is brand-new epic story, set in a new World independent from the original title. This title has eight original characters that offer all-new features and gameplay elements. This is the perfect entry for newcomers to the series, while also preserving the charm of the original game for existing fans by improving upon the series’ iconic HD-2D visuals, which feature a striking blend of retro 2D characters in a beautiful 3D world.
Check out the gameplay features here:
- Break & Boost Battle System – Players must act strategically to exploit enemy weaknesses to “Break” them to inflict more damage, and “Boost” their travelers to enhance their abilities.
- Path Actions – Players can interact with NPCs throughout the world in various ways by using actions unique to each character, such as challenging people as the Warrior or stealing belongings as the Thief. Path Actions will vary depending on the protagonist and whether it is day or night.
- Brand-New Story and Characters – Players can embark on a grand adventure in the new land of Solistia and experience the intertwined stories of eight new travelers: Hikari (Warrior), Agnea (Dancer), Partitio (Merchant), Osvald (Scholar), Throné (Thief), Temenos (Cleric), Ochette (Hunter), and Castti (Apothecary).
- Day/Night Cycle – The townscapes and Path Actions available to each character will change depending on if it is night or day, creating more opportunities for exploration and discovery.
- Latent Power – A new battle element in which characters can unleash a powerful ability once the ability’s gauge fills up during combat.
- Crossed Paths – Additional stories will unfold between the protagonists as their journey progresses, further intertwining their narratives.
The Prologue Demo is out now on all platforms. It allows players to choose any of the eight protagonist to start their journey with and play for three hours. The save data can be carried over to the full game.
Source: Press Release