Publisher Critical Reflex has announced today a release date for its upcoming tower defense game, ORX, on both Steam and Epic Games Store. The game blends the mechanics of popular deck building and tabletop games, like Carcassonne, to create a truly unique experience.
ORX pits players against hordes of ruthless enemies in a dark fantasy setting as they endeavour to grow their kingdom in a part-tower defence, part-deck building card game. Players can check out the demo, available until July 14th.
ORX Early Access Release Date
ORX is set to release on PC Early Access (via Steam and Epic Games Store) on August 30, 2022. The Early Access release will have 2 playable factions, a 4 act roguelike campaign, 3 game modes, and more.
You can watch the Release Date Trailer below courtesy of publisher Critical Reflex.
With over 300 cards to play, ORX invites strategy gamers to take a seat and try their hand at building a thriving kingdom against the odds. Build roads, and fortifications and assemble troops to survive the onslaught! With 9 different clans to take down, each with 7 enemy types featuring different behavior patterns and attack styles, players will need every card in their arsenal to consistently remain victorious.
The game has been hand-crafted to be an experience that evolves with the player – from an elemental system that affects both players, structures, and enemies, to an event system that offers hard choices to players that will affect their gameplay. ORX is set to be a strategy experience unlike any other. Progress, conquer, and save your strength before the next wave, all in the accompaniment of an adaptive soundtrack, created by Nicolas de Ferran.
- The power is in your deck – Manage your gold wisely as you earn it over time to build Farms, Villages, and other locations – some of which can be scouted out for Vaults that contain almighty rewards.
- Play 2 different factions on launch – Each with its own set of unique cards! Go head to head against your enemies controlling either the Dune Reavers or rune Wardens. The Rune Wardens are made for players who are steadfast warriors. While the Dune Reavers suit flexible strategy gamers who embody the motto: “the best defense is a good offense”.
- 4 hard-hitting bosses to conquer – Take down the biggest and baddest as you conquer and build a land ravaged by war. Each boss will test you in unique and challenging ways!
- Progression system – While you get stronger and smarter, your enemies will as well – bringing new types of warriors and game modes to the playing field.
- Rogue-like style campaign – Four acts, featuring four different biomes and sub-biomes, with day and night season cycles!
- Face over 30 different enemies – Be ready to adapt your tactics as you clash with fiends ranging from grunts to ORX Heroes, each armed with different skills to try and take you down.
- Advanced difficulty modes – Conquered the Campaign? Test your might and take it to the next level in an even more challenging setting – test yourself and leap from Classic mode to Ironman or Hard mode!
- Share your stats – With your statistics and scores readily available for your to share, you can compare your final base with other players.
For more information about the game, please visit the game’s Steam store page.
Source: Press Release