Publisher Focus Entertainment has announced today that they will be picking up the publishing right to the enchanting first-person game, BLACKTAIL. For their part, developer THE PARASIGHT aims to offer games that uncompromisingly combine original gameplay and rich narrative experiences. They’ll have a chance to convince us when the game eventually releases.
Lovers of myths, legends, and fairy tales, THE PARASIGHT team develops enchanting universes where realism rubs shoulders with the supernatural, the classic complements the modern, and where the narrative experience is supported by magical art direction.
This description perfectly matches BLACKTAIL, which will be published by Focus Entertainment for Consoles and PC (via Steam and GOG).
“Bringing worlds and stories to life, offering the possibility of shaping them and altering their outcomes: it is this blend of strong narrative direction and player freedom that immediately convinced us to work with THE PARASIGHT team,” explains Yves Le Yaouanq, Chief Content Officer of Focus Entertainment.
“Sad tale or tragic fable, it is the player’s actions, through their moral choices, that will determine the fate of the protagonist. They will shape how she evolves in the world: healer or hunter, loving sister or avenger. THE PARASIGHT team accompanies players to the edge of Blacktail, where they will live an adventure that swings between eerie and wondrous, exciting and thrilling: an experience that resonates perfectly with our ambitions at Focus.”
“Making creative use of ageless narratives such as legends or fairy-tales and forging them into fantastic realms to tell unique, original stories is our studio’s foundation,” says Bartosz Kaproń, THE PARASIGHT CEO & Creative Director. “We recognize video games as a full-fledged medium, capable of delivering memorable adventures, crowned with timeless messages. From the outset, BLACKTAIL mirrors that ambitious approach. I firmly believe our top-rated development talents, now combined with the international publishing prowess of Focus Entertainment, will broaden THE PARASIGHT’s vision for pushing the envelope of interactive storytelling.”
Create the myth of Baba Yaga by living out the origins of this classic Slavic folk story in BLACKTAIL, the first-person action-adventure from THE PARASIGHT. Experience a one-of-a-kind blend of intense archery combat and dark storytelling set in a vibrant fairy tale world. Choose your path to become either the guardian of the woods or the terror nightmares are made of.
- Unravel the Past
- Follow a mysterious voice leading Yaga down the dark path to power and discover your own past along the way.
- Track down elusive spirits with the help of the Black Cat, and engage in thrilling boss fights to awaken Yaga’s missing memories.
- Relive memories to gather clues and solve the mystery of Yaga’s lost friends in this 15+ hour adventure.
- Explore the Wild
- Collect lost recipes from the ancient Grimoire and brew elixirs in the Cauldron to unlock skill upgrades and grow into the tales of legends.
- Transform your playstyle using powerful Hexes and an enchanted Broom.
- Find hidden treasures and pieces of Slavic myths to learn more about your surroundings and history.
- Shape Your Future
- BLACKTAIL’s Morality System changes your skills as you make story-defining decisions.
- Choose your alliances and beliefs through fairy tale-driven side quests.
- Decide the fate of the land and its inhabitants: be vengeful and manipulate or honest and compassionate to the creatures of BLACKTAIL’s fantastical forest.
- Dive beyond the surreal. Every moment is an artfully crafted 2.5D narrative episode – each a mind-mending vision light on Yaga’s heart and soul as well as her mysterious origins.
BLACKTAIL currently has no release date, but the game will release on current-gen consoles, PS5 and Xbox Series X|S. You can stay up to date with the game’s development through the developer’s official website and PC store platforms (via Steam and GOG).
Source: Press Release