The journal entries in ‘The Beforetimes’ collection details life in the world before the zombie apocalypse in Dead Island 2. It’s mostly celebrities who believe they are more important than they really are. We suppose the Zompacolypse was the Great Equalizer that didn’t care about wealth and status.
Below, we’ve detailed the number of diaries you can collect from every category and where to find them. In this way, you can learn about the personalities of some Dead Island 2 NPCs until you get to know them.
The Beforetimes header consists of 3 categories, which are as follows:
- Lifestyles of the Rich & Famous
- Monarch Studios Presents
All 10 Lifestyles of the Rich & Famous Journal Locations
There are 10 journal entries associated with this category that you can find in order:
- Tony The Schemer – found in Bel-Air, at the back of the pool house cloakroom that’s part of Curtis Sinclair’s mansion.
- Tony the Mooch – found in Bel-Air, on the kitchen table inside Curtis Sinclair’s mansion.
- Llama Milk – found in Bel-Air, on the second floor of Emma Jaunt’s mansion.
- Staked Out in the Goat Pen Ep. 98 – found in the Goat Pen Mansion, staked out in the Goat Pen Studio beside the 2nd floor pools.
- Tazmanian Daredevil – found in Beverly Hills, in the ‘Gods and Whiskey’ band home studio. (First acquirable during the “The Ballad of Rikky Rex” side quest.)
- Spin Theory – found in Beverly Hills, on the seat of a forklift. In the materials yard south of the mansion construction site on top of the hill.
- Where Are They Now? – found in Monarch Studios, on the shelf inside the security box behind Sound Studio 7.
- RE: The Amanda Styles Incident – found in Ocean Avenue, on the ground of a balcony observation post looking at the Serling Hotel. The area is accessible by jumping on the white van in the alley behind the Bean Coffee place.
- OSK Customer Service Script – found in Ocean Avenue, on the computer table of the OSK Server Room at the back of the OSK Store.
- Placenta Lasagna – found in The Metro, on a chair inside the subway car that’s stuck in the Metro wheelhouse.
Check out the image slideshow below showing where each ‘Lifestyles of the Rich & Famous’ Journal collectible is located:
All 3 Angelenos Journal Locations
There are only 3 journal entries associated with this category that you can find in order:
- Wedding Invitation – found in Halperin Hotel, in the lobby next to the ballroom door.
- Workout Plan: Day 3: “Leg Day” – found in Venice Beach, on the floor by the leg exercise machines of the workout yard south of the map.
- Send Home the Clowns – found in Santa Monica, inside the Ocean Park ride photo booth on the pier. (Will need the key from a roaming Shock zombie)
Check out the image slideshow below showing where each ‘Angelenos’ Journal collectible is located:
All 11 Monarch Studios Presents Journal Locations
There are 11 journal entries associated with this category that you can find in order:
- Omen to Kill Trailer – found in Bel-Air. Emma Jaunt’s DVD collection on the ground floor of her mansion.
- The Montana Method – found in Monarch Studios. sKOpe inside Jimmy Montana’s trailer.
- Friends Without Benefits – found in Monarch Studios, on the table near the entrance of Sound Stage 3.
- Big Break – found in Monarch Studios, on a prop table in the middle of Hero Journey Lane.
- Rise of the God-Spider – found in Monarch Studios, on the folding chair next to the FX console located in the Rise of the God-Spider set of Sound Studio 7.
- The Badge – found in Monarch Studios, on the vanity table Inside Jimmy Montana’s trailer.
- Butter the Bitch – found in Monarch Studios. Vernon Wong’s trailer along Meet-Cute Corner.
- Fifty Shades of Mahogany – found in Monarch Studios, on the broken-in disposal area of Save the Cat Walk, North of Sound Studio 4.
- This Year’s Hottest Toy: DD-09! – found in Monarch Studios, attached to the wall of the trailer inside the green screen safe zone.
- The Badge: Trailer – found in Ocean Avenue, on an outdoor dining table of the Burger ’66 Ocean Avenue Branch.
- Romeros Running Order – found in Hollywood Boulevard, attached to the left door to the Chinese Theatre.
Check out the image slideshow below showing where each ‘Monarch Studios Presents’ Journal collectible is located:
And that’s all the Beforetimes journal entries, all wrapped up in one neat package. Hopefully, it aided you in your search for the illusive collectibles in Dead Island 2. Good luck out there, Survivor!
If you’re looking for more Journal Entries guides by category, refer to the links below:
Dead Island 2 is available now on PS5, PS4, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, and PC.