Bungie has released this week’s “This Week at Bungie” post today revealing some new details about the recent downtime that Destiny 2 hotfix 184.108.40.206 caused.
Destiny 2 Hotfix Chaos
A few days ago, Hotfix 220.127.116.11 was released in Destiny 2 to fix various game issues. It did fix them but shortly after, various reports from players came flooding into the forums and other social media platforms revealing complaints about missing Triumphs, Seals, and catalysts.
The Cause of It All
Bungie revealed that the issue was caused when some currently incompletable EDZ and Nessus Triumphs were moved from Forsaken into the archived Triumphs section. A tool was then used to make changes that move a player’s state from one location to another in the player’s account. This was actually quite powerful but also needs some careful and cautious handling and one mistake could lead to disaster.
There was a configuration error in the process which accidentally re-reran the older state migration process that they used in a previous release, Beyond Light. This resulted in some errors which they have fixed.
Roll Back Had to be Done
The only want to do this was the roll back the player database while investigating how to remove the change from the build. This was the new patch for 18.104.22.168 and got tested. After a successful run, it was deployed live.
After it got fixed, all player accounts had to be rolled back to 8:20 AM PST on January 24, 2023. All progress got lost between 8:20 and 11 AM and the purchases got refunded.
Next Week Plans
Next week, there are plans for new updates that will complete the collections for this Season. Check the details below:
- Weekly Deepsight (red border) weapon focusing from the Exo Frame at the H.E.L.M. will be adjusted to daily availability for the remainder of the Season to help players craft those final weapons before Lightfall arrives! This will also apply to vendors offering guaranteed Deepsight weapon focusing from Seasons 16 to 18.
- As a reminder, Iron Banner reputation gains will be increased in several ways when Fortress returns on January 31. These include:
- An increase to base reputation earned per match.
- An increased multiplier contribution from wearing Iron Banner armor.
- An increased multiplier contribution from equipping an Iron Banner emblem.
Destiny 2 is now available on PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X/S.