The Verglas Curve is an Exotic Combat Bow that came with the advent of Lightfall. It is a Stasis bow in the primary slot. The weapon’s unique selling point is its ability to create stasis crystals after killing while aim-down-sights. Final blows add a crystal to the total number of Stasis arrows you can cast. You can see the number on the left side of the screen and the total caps out after five kills.
Holding down the fire button on hip-fire will set all your crystal arrows in your bow. Letting go of the fire button will shoot all the arrows in line like a glacial grenade. It’s ultimately a lot of stasis that the enemies have to deal with.
How to Get Verglas Curve Combat Bow in Destiny 2
The Verglas Curve is part of the Season 20 battle pass. If you have bought the season pass, the bow will be yours at level 1. If you are on the free track, however, you’ll be able to get the bow once you reach level 35.
Destiny 2 Verglas Curve Weapon Stats
The Verglas Curve has a draw time of 580. That makes it in line with lightweight bows. When shooting, it performs like any other bow. Everything changes when you start gathering stasis arrows. When that happens you can start cutting off the area behind walls of stasis crystals. Couple this with a stasis subclass and grenades and you can really cause some trouble on the battlefield.
- Impact: 68
- Accuracy: 53
- Stability: 63
- Handling: 72
- Reload Speed: 60
- Aim Assistance: 83
- Zoom: 18
- Airborne Effectiveness: 20
- Draw Time: 580
- Bowstring: Natural String – Simple balanced string. Slightly increases accuracy. Slightly increases handling speed. Slightly increases stability.
- Arrow: Straight Fletching – Modern fletching for straight paths. Increases accuracy.
- Trait: Hail Storm – Stasis arrows freeze targets on contact and create Stasis crystals when affecting the environment.
- Intrinsic Trait: Hail Barrage – Final blows with this weapon grant Stasis arrows. Your next hip-fire shot will fire all of them in a single volley.
There are a couple of things you need to know about this bow:
- The stasis arrows have quite a bit of weight to them. And because of that, the dip trajectory is significant, causing the arrows to have a limited range. So far, it is best shot from the air aiming down at the ground.
- When you freeze enemies via Stasis crystals, you can shatter the crystal and get a stasis arrow in return. The best part is that, we have confirmed that, you do indeed get as many as five Stasis arrows if you shatter a crystal and enemies are caught in the blast radius.
How to Get the Verglas Curve Catalyst
Once you’ve unlocked the Verglas Curve, you’ll be able to get the catalyst quest from Banshee-44. Simply talk to him to start the quest to unlock the Catalyst – Nock, Draw, Loose, Quiet.
Recreate the Verglas Curve catalyst by defeating targets with Stasis and rapidly defeating them.
- Rapidly defeat 20 targets
- Defeat 40 targets with Stasis final blows
- Participate in ritual activities – Vanguard, Gambit, and Crucible. You get more points by getting wins in PvP and completing higher-difficulty strikes.
- Calibrate the weapon by taking down a set number of enemies using the bow.
- Report back to Banshee-44 to get your catalyst.
Once you’ve unlocked the Catalyst and applied it, your bow with gain the Shiver Quiver Perk. It states, “Freezing a target grants this weapon faster draw speed for a short period of time.” Think of it as Archer’s Tempo but instead of precision kills, it is triggered after freezing a target.
Destiny 2 Verglas Curve Synergies
The exotic bow is potent enough alone. It’s your stasis primary weapon with Headstone on command. With full five stacks, it’s like having another glacial grenade in your pocket.
This build truly shines with a stasis build that utilizes the Grim Harvest Stasis Aspect. If you have the Whisper of Shards and Whisper of Rime fragments, you can have Overshields for days!
And that’s all we have to say about the Verglas Curce Exotic Combat Bow. We’ll update this article once we have more data on it from Legend and end-game content.
Check out this video from Youtuber Redrix where he tells us how to get the Verglas Curve catalyst.