Developer Doinksoft has teamed up with publisher Devolver Digital to reveal today Gunbrella; a noir-punk action-adventure game set in a world dependent on a rapidly diminishing natural resource. Gunbrella will glide onto PC (via Steam) and Nintendo Switch in 2023.
To celebrate the event, Devolver Digital unveiled a Reveal Trailer for the game with more rainproof weaponry.
Players take the role of a gruff woodsman on a quest for revenge, armed with the mysterious Gunbrella: a firearm that doubles as an umbrella. His investigation becomes entangled with the inner workings of ghouls and gangsters, cops, and cultists, and the fallout of corporate exploitation.
- Engage in side-scrolling action combat with a focus on maneuverability and close-quarters gunplay. Your gun is also a movement tool. Use the umbrella to glide, swing, dash, and dive.
- Interrogate and speak to a cast of bizarre characters. What you learn is recorded in your investigative notebook.
- Manage your resources. Find scrap and spare parts to trade for different munitions and upgrades.
- Explore various locations from a small town menaced by cult kidnappings, to a junkyard-turned-fortress ruled by a trash gang, and maybe even the mythical city of Avalon, where it’s rumored that you can still see the sky.
- Uncover the mysteries of the supernatural as wraiths and monstrosities materialize in places where blood has been shed.
Gunbrella is set to release on PC (via Steam) and Nintendo Switch in 2023.
Source: Press Release