The original Fatal Frame Mask of the Lunar Eclipse was a Wii Japanese exclusive when it first came out. Coming off the heels of Fatal Frame Maiden of Black Water HD remaster, Fatal Frame Mask of the Lunar Eclipse continues the trend of bringing classic experiences to the West with updated controls and visual touch-ups.
In this trophy guide, we’ll give you some tips to help you get Platinum in Fatal Frame Mask of the Lunar Eclipse. Get ready to bring your camera obscure, it’s time to time to capture the essence of ghosts in a perfect frame.
There are 41 Trophies to collect in the game:
- 1 Platinum trophy
- 4 Gold trophies
- 10 Silver trophies
- 26 Bronze trophies
Fatal Frame Mask of the Lunar Eclipse Trophy List
- Full Eclipse: Obtain all trophies for “FATAL FRAME: Mask of the Lunar Eclipse”
- Moonlit Glass: Upgrade all Lenses to the highest level
- Fatal Frame: Clear Final Phase on Nightmare difficulty
- Infinity: Obtain the highest rank in all missions
- Optimal: Obtain the Optimal upgrade
- Souls Return to the Hallowed Realm: Clear Final Phase on Hard difficulty
- Voice of the Voiceless: Collect all notes, diaries, Spirit Radio recordings, and cassette tapes
- Search for the Faint and Hidden: Take a photo of all revenants
- Chasing Shadows: Take a photo of all specters
- Hozuki Dolls in Memoriam: Take a photo of all Hozuki dolls
- Master of Photography: Ruka: Upgrade all of the Camera Obscura’s basic abilities to the highest level of Ruka
- Master of Photography: Misaki: Upgrade all of the Camera Obscura’s abilities to the highest level for Misaki
- Master of the Flashlight: Choshiro: Upgrade all of the Spirit Stone Flashlight’s basic abilities to the highest level
- Taming the Spirits: Take a photo of all wraiths
- Exorcist Supreme: Execute a special kill 100 times
- Bringing the Soul to the Moon: Clear Final Phase on Normal difficulty or below
- Blossoming: Clear Prelude
- The Summoning: Clear Phase I
- Resonance: Clear Phase II
- The Lost Day: Clear Phase III
- Void: Clear Phase IV
- Twin Faces: Clear Phase V
- Moonsong: Clear Phase VI
- Tranquility: Clear Phase VII
- Sakuya: Clear Phase VIII
- Descent: Clear Phase IX
- Fallen Petals: Clear Phase X
- Eclipse: Clear Phase XI
- Hallowed Realm: Clear Final Phase
- Photography Apprentice: Ruka: Upgrade the Camera Obscura for the first time with Ruka
- Photography Apprentice: Misaki: Upgrade the Camera Obscura for the first time with Misaki
- Flashlight Apprentice: Choshiro: Upgrade the Spirit Stone Flashlight for the first time
- Lens Enthusiast: Ruka: Upgrade the Camera Obscura for the first time with Ruka
- Lens Enthusiast: Misaki: Upgrade the Camera Obscura for the first time with Misaki
- Lens Enthusiast: Choshiro: Upgrade the Spirit Stone Flashlight’s Lens for the first time
- In Full Bloom: Take 10 photos of blossomed wraiths
- Touch Me Not: Evade ghost hand 5 times
- Split-Second Shots: Reach a combo of 3 or higher during Fatal Time
- Three Ghosts, One Shot: Attack 3 wraiths at the same time
- Memories of Rogetsu: Opened Snap Mode for the first time
- First Kill: Defeat a wraith for the first time
- The Summoning
- The Lost Day
- Twin Faces
- Fallen Petals
- Hallowed Realm
The platinum trophy run for Fatal Frame Mask of the Lunar Eclipse won’t take too long by any metric. The original game takes around 10-13 hours to finish the story on the first run. And extended to 18-20 hours for a completionist run. As far as we know, there is no extra bit of content besides Snap Mode so it’s a reasonable assumption that it’s going to be the case still with this remaster.
The Memories of Rogetsu bronze trophy is one of the first trophies you can get. This was not part of the original game. The feature allows you to take selfies with your character. Players in Maiden of Black Water were known to catch funny moments with the characters and ghosts in the background. Expect that to return in this one as well.
Fatal Frame Mask of the Lunar Eclipse Nightmare Difficulty
You cannot go straight to Nightmare right away. They first need to finish the game on Normal. Then finish the game a second time on Hard Difficulty. Only then will Nightmare Difficulty be unlocked. At the very least New Game Plus allows you to transfer over upgrades and resources to the next play-through. And it’s going to be very much appreciated as resources are scarce and ghosts are harder to take down in Nightmare difficulty.
To get the most out of each photo, we recommend waiting until you get a “Fatal Frame”. This not only saves you on film but the best shots bring in the most amount of currency which helps you with upgrades later on. Also, keep in mind that upgrading your equipment requires both currencies and certain materials for upgrades. So don’t hold back thinking that you can save up for upgrades. Get the best stuff for that moment, it could save you a few hours of running around and getting random shots.
And finally, do keep in mind that there are collectibles you need to constantly be looking for. Voice of the Voiceless requires you to collect all notes, diaries, Spirit Radio recordings, and cassette tapes. In the same vein, Seach for the Faint and Hidden, Chasing Shadows, Hozuki Dolls in Memoriam, and Taming the Spirits all require you to basically capture photos of every ghost type in the game.
Be especially wary of the roaming ones that don’t linger too long before disappearing forever. You may want to have your finger on the camera trigger at all times.
And that’s everything we’ve got for this Fatal Frame Mask of the Lunar Eclipse trophy guide. We hope this helps you out in your investigation of the paranormal and the cause of yet another dead village/island. Happy hunting, Trophy Hunters.
Check out this Story Trailer for Fatal Frame Mask of the Lunar Eclipse courtesy of the PlayStation Youtube channel.