Game company Tripwire Interactive is proud to announce that video game Maneater has finally landed on new platforms and on Xbox Game Pass.
The popular and iconic shARkRPG is available on PC via Steam, Nintendo switch, and Xbox Game Pass starting today. This will be the first time it has come out on Steam and will be available for purchase digital and in stores for the Nintendo Switch with retail partner Deep Silver. It is also available for Xbox Game Pass subscribers on both PC and Xbox consoles for six months starting today.
Now, players can eat, explore, and evolve their way to the top of the food chain on all major gaming platforms.
Maneater is a single player, open-world action-RPG (ShARkPG) where YOU are the shark. Starting as a small bull shark pup you are tasked with surviving the harsh world while eating your way up the ecosystem. To do this, you will explore a large and varied open world encountering diverse enemies — both human and wildlife. Find the right resources and you can grow and evolve far beyond what nature intended, tailoring the shark to your play style. This is fortunate because getting revenge on the cruel fisherman that dismembered you will take evolving into a massive shark, an apex predator of legends. Eat. Explore. Evolve.
Maneater Key Features Include:
- Eat: Feed on humans, consume nutrients, and find rare shark loot to evolve past what nature intended.
- Explore the Gulf: Explore seven large regions, including bayous of the gulf coast, resort beaches, industrial docks, the open ocean and more. Experience a living world with a full day/night cycle.
- Evolve Into a Legend: Unlock and equip various Evolutions that improve and enhance your shark as you progress through the campaign.
- Unique Story: Play through a full narrative, story-based campaign narrated by Chris Parnell (Rick and Morty, Saturday Night Live, 30 Rock) and set against the backdrop of a reality TV show.
- Diverse, Compelling Combat: Battle fierce wildlife including other apex predators or fight against various types of human hunters ranging from town drunks all the way up to the Coast Guard.
- Includes the Tiger Shark Evolution: The Tiger Shark is often called the ‘garbage disposal of the sea.’ Appropriately enough, this evolution allows you to digest nearly anything, increasing your ability to gain vital nutrients from all varieties of prey.
- Includes Nintendo Switch Features: Maneater for the Nintendo Switch is the most portable version of the award-winning Action-RPG (aka shARkPG) to date! Playable in Docked, Tabletop, and Handheld mode, Maneater also supports Rumble and Vibration on the Switch Pro Controller and Joy Cons as well as the Nintendo Online Save Backup system.
Maneater is out now on all major platforms including PC, Nintendo Switch, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X/S with Xbox Game Pass for only $39.99. I personally reviewed this game and quote “Maneater is a highly recommended game that needs to be in your gaming shelves and digital libraries. Despite its small flaws, it gets easily forgiven for its awesome fun factor and no-brainer gameplay.”
Source: Press Release
Here’s the Nintendo Switch trailer: