2K and Marvel Entertainment have announced the official Marvel’s Midnight Suns release date.
Marvel’s Midnight Suns Release Date and Platforms
Fans will not have to wait for a long time to play this game as it now has a release date and it will be launching this year, October 7, 2022. It will be available on PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X/S, Xbox One, and PC via Steam and Epic Games Store. There will be a Nintendo Switch version and it will be released at a later date.
Made by Makers of XCOM and Civilization
The game is made by Firaxis games, the makers behind critically-acclaimed, world-renowned Civilization and XCOM franchises. This is an all-new tactical RPG set in the darker side of the Marvel Universe.
Story Behind the Game
When the demonic Lilith and her fearsome horde unite with the evil armies of Hydra, it’s time to unleash Marvel’s dark side. As The Hunter, your mission is to lead an unlikely team of seasoned Super Heroes and dangerous supernatural warriors to victory. Can legends such as Doctor Strange, Iron Man, and Blade put aside their differences in the face of a growing apocalyptic threat? If you’re going to save the world, you’ll have to forge alliances and lead the team into battle as the legendary Midnight Suns – Earth’s last line of defense against the underworld.
Create Your Army Against Lilith’s
Players can choose various upgradeable characters and skills that allows them to build their own unique version of The Hunter. Choose how to send Lilith’s army back to the underworld.
“We’re thrilled to invite players into the darker, supernatural side of Marvel,” said Bill Rosemann, Vice President and Creative Director at Marvel Games. “In Marvel’s Midnight Suns, our friends at Firaxis and 2K have created an incredibly unique and totally authentic Marvel experience that fans can leap into this October!”
A new cinematic trailer was shown at the Summer Games Fest 2022 showcasing the Midnight Suns in action against Lilith’s army. There two newly revealed and unlockable playable heroes which includes Spider-Man. Lilith also has her own character under her influence, the corrupted Fallen versions of Venom, Sabertooth, Scarlet Witch, and Hulk.
“We know fans have been eager to see what’s coming next for Marvel’s Midnight Suns,” said Jake Solomon, Creative Director at Firaxis Games. “We’re honored by the opportunity to introduce so many new heroes and villains to Marvel fans and can’t wait for tactics players to discover the joys of fighting like a Super Hero in Marvel’s Midnight Suns!”
Editions to Choose From
There are four editions to choose from: Standard Edition, Enhanced Edition, Digital+ Edition, and Legendary Edition.
- Standard Edition will be $59.99 on PS4, Xbox One, and PC via Steam and Epic Games Store. It will include the base game.
- The Enhanced Edition will be $69.99 on PS5, and Xbox Series X/S. It includes a next-gen optimized version of the game for next-gen consoles and five premium cosmetic skins.
- Digital+ Edition will be $79.99 on PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S, and PC via Steam and Epic Games Store. It will include 11 premium cosmetic skins. PS5 and Xbox Series X/S SKUs include the next-gen optimized version of the game for next-gen consoles.
- Legendary Edition will be $99.99 on PS4, PS5, Xbox Series X/S, Xbox One, and PC via Steam and Epic Games Store. It includes 23 premium cosmetic skins, and access to the post-launch Season Pass.
Marvel’s Midnight Suns will allow you to:
- Unleash the Darker Side of Marvel. Rise up against Lilith and her underworld army as you experience a deeply personal story that puts you at its center as The Hunter, the first customizable original hero in the Marvel universe. In the face of fallen allies and the fate of the world at stake, it will be up to you to rise up against the darkness!;
- Lead Heroes from Across the Marvel Universe. Fight fire with hellfire and lead an unlikely team of seasoned Super Heroes and dangerous supernatural warriors across The Avengers, X-Men, Runaways, and more. Resist Lilith’s corruption and confront Fallen versions of some of Marvel’s most iconic and powerful characters, including Venom, Sabretooth and even the Hulk!;
- Fight, Think, and Live Like a Super Hero. From legendary studio Firaxis Games comes a deep tactical RPG where you fight and strategize like a Super Hero! Create the perfect squad and customize their abilities, unleashing skills and attacks to devastate the battlefield. Live the Super Hero life in the Abbey, your very own mystical secret base, and strengthen personal bonds outside the field of battle.
Marvel’s Midnight Suns launches on October 7, 2022. It will be available on PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X/S.
Source: Press Release