Nintendo recently reported that Pokémon Scarlet and Violet sold millions of copies in its first six weeks since launch. The two games have now ranked as one of the best-selling Pokémon games of all time.
Pokémon Scarlet and Violet Sales in the Millions
According to the summarized results for the first nine months of FY 2023, Nintendo revealed that the latest Pokémon entry has now sold 20.61 million copies between its release on November 18 and December 31, 2022.
Both titles are now the fourth best-selling Pokémon games of all time based on Serbii’s list. Owner Joe Merrick revealed that the only titles above these newly released games are Pokémon Gold and Silver (23.7 million), Pokémon Sword and Shield (25.6 million), and the original Pokémon Red, Green and Blue (31.3 million).
Also Ranks in Top 10 Switch Games of All Time
It was also revealed that Pokémon Scarlet and Violet are the seventh best-selling Switch game to date in its first six weeks since launch. It is just ahead of Super Mario Party with 18.7 million sales.
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – 52 million
- Animal Crossing: New Horizons – 41.59 million
- Super Smash Bros Ultimate – 30.44 million
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild – 29 million
- Pokémon Sword & Shield – 25.68 million
- Super Mario Odyssey – 25.12 million
- Pokémon Scarlet & Violet – 20.61 million
- Super Mario Party – 18.79 million
- Ring Fit Adventure – 15.22 million
- Pokémon Let’s Go Pikachu / Eevee – 15.07 million
Pokémon Scarlet and Violet are now available on Nintendo Switch.