Publisher Saber Interactive and 34BigThings have recently announced the release of their futuristic racer, Redout 2, the supercharged sequel to the acclaimed anti-gravity racer, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, and PC (via Steam and Epic Games Store). The game is the series’ most ambitious game yet, with higher speeds, more tracks, and deeper customization than ever before.
The Nintendo Switch version of the game’s release has been moved to some time in July. This isn’t the first time the game’s release date has been moved. Redout 2 was originally slated for a late May release before announcing a short delay.
Get a sense of these high speeds through this launch trailer the developers have released.
Standard Edition and Deluxe Edition
The standard version of Redout 2 is available today alongside the Deluxe Edtion of the game, which includes the base game plus the Season Pass. The Season Pass features two future DLC packs with new locations, career events, rewards, and more at a discounted rate.
Ultimate Edition on PC
PC players can also purchase Redout 2’s Ultimate Edition on Steam and Epic Games Store; the Ultimate Edition includes all content from the Deluxe Edition, plus a digital download fo the Redout 2 soundtrack. The soundtrack features 42 original tracks and nine licensed tracks, with over three hours of killer electronic music in total!
Redout 2 Switch Release Date
Redout 2 is expected to launch on Nintendo Switch in July. The developers recently announced that the game needs a little more polish time. But assures everyone that they’ll have an updated release date out soon as they are able.
About Redout 2
Redout 2 takes you to the future of racing: strafe, tilt, and boost your customizable hovership through dozens of mind-bending, jaw-dropping courses in a variety of game modes, including expansive single-player campaign pus competitive online multiplayer for up to 12 players on PC, PlayStation, and Xbox.
- Speed & Control: With blazing-fast speeds of over 1,000 km per hour and an intuitive driving system, Redout 2 is a blast to pick up and play, but truly rewarding for any who can master its super-high skill ceiling.
- Extensive Career Mode: Fly through hundreds of events across 36 unique racetracks – all of which are reversible! From Arena Races and Time Attacks to Last Man Standing and intense Boss Races, dart past the competition and dominate the finish line.
- Comprehensive Customization: Choose from 12 distinct chassis and fully customize your hovership with an incredible selection of propulsors, stabilizers, rudders, intercoolers, flaps, magnets, wings, spoilers, rocket engines, paints, and more!
- Experience a futuristic soundtrack from leading electronic artists like the legendary Giorgio Moroder and acclaimed talents such as Zardonic and Dance with the Dead, with music seamlessly and dynamically mixed based on real-time race data.
- Create and share your best high-speed moments with Redout 2’s Photo Mode.
Redout 2 has a host of content planned post-launch, including the addition of ranked seasons and two future DLC packs. For more information on the game, check out its official website.
Source: Press Release