Striking Distance Studios has now released The Callisto Protocol update introducing a most awaited feature that increases its replayability.
The Callisto Protocol Update Adds Favorite Feature
This new update was expected to be released in early February 2023, but it seems it arrived earlier today. It finally introduces the anticipated feature New Game Plus, which allows players to use a previously completed game save and play a whole new playthrough with big advantages like weapons, upgrades, and more.
Aside from New Game Plus, update 3.01 introduces various fixes for The Callisto Protocol. One of them includes fixing an issue where some users were not correctly granted The Protocol is About Life achievement. It also makes general performance optimizations across all platforms.
The update also adds a fix for the Maximum Security Achievement Trophy/Achievement bug. This was added after the feedback the studio got from the players.
Check out the full patch notes below:
The Callisto Protocol Full Patch Notes
[v. 3.01] January 19, 2023
- Users who previously completed the game will have access to NewGame+ after the patch.
- Application restart may be required.
- Requires an active save file from game completion.
- Fixed an issue where some users were not correctly granted the “The Protocol is About Life” achievement
- Added New Game Plus. Complete the game to unlock New Game Plus and carry your pression over to a new save. All weapons, upgrades, and Callisto Credits can be collected at the first Reforge
- General performance optimizations across all platforms
- Players no longer take damage when vaulting over obstacles
- Fixed multiple issues where certain camera angles or progression paths could cause environments to stream out and allow Jacob to fall through the ground
- Consistency pass on cabinets, lockers, and shelves to display correctly in High Contrast mode
- Voice leveling and subtitle mismatch adjustments across localized languages
- Fixed low frequency crash in the Tunnels level during the Two Head fight
- Skip Cinematics button has been mapped to the Interact/Pickup input
- Fixed a long hitch when enabling Ray-Traced Shadows in the main menu
- Prevented mouse cursor from displaying during some area transitions
- Fixed low frequency crash in Snowcat when Jacob is talking to Dani
The Callisto Protocol is now available on PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X/S.