Naughty Dog has recently released the new The Last of Us Part 1 PC update which finally optimizes the CPU and GPU use.
The Last of Us Part 1 PC update version 22.214.171.124 has recently been released and it is also the seventh one since the game’s launch on the PC platform. The game was riddled with issues and bugs when it launched but Naughty Dog has now been slowly fixing the game with updates.
According to Naughty Dog, this new update will finally optimize the use of the CPU and GPU use. It also improves texture fidelity and resolution on low and medium in-game settings. Of course, it also comes with crash fixes and a lot more. More CPU optimization, framerate, and texture fidelity improvements will be introduced in future updates.
Check out the full patch notes below:
- Optimized CPU and GPU use throughout the game
- Improved texture fidelity and resolution on in-game Low and Medium settings
- Improved graphical fidelity on the in-game Low graphics preset, particularly water surfaces no longer appear black
- Fixed a crash that may occur during shader building
- Fixed a crash that may occur when quitting to the Main Menu
- Fixed a crash that may occur when dying after combat
- Fixed an issue where, on first boot, players may experience longer wait times to load into the game
- Added an option for players to lock and unlock performance stats simultaneously in the HUD menu (Options > HUD)
- Added descriptions in the Graphics menus to better explain when certain settings may affect another (Options > Display)
- Added a Texture Streaming Rate setting (Graphics > Texture Settings)
- Fixed an issue where skipping cutscenes during a critical load may cause the game to hang
- Fixed an issue where the shader load warning did not appear while relaunching the game
- Updated the VRAM bar to more accurately display the OS+Apps usage
- Fixed an issue where the Screen Reader read values for locked settings which may imply those same locked setting were active
- Fixed an issue where aiming downward while using keyboard and mouse (KBM) may increase camera sensitivity
- Refined the handling of certain commands that are assigned the same KBM keybinding
- Corrected Brazilian Portuguese, Croatian, Dutch, Finnish, French, Greek, Hungarian, LATAM Spanish, Spanish, Thai, and Traditional Chinese translations for multiple menu options
- [Ultrawide Displays] Corrected the Rangefinder reticle position for the bow
- Fixed a crash that may occur on AMD CPUs with affinity limited to X3D cores
- Fixed an issue where textures may render incorrectly on AMD GPUs
- Fixed an issue where the “It Can’t Be For Nothing” achievement did not trigger, despite acquiring all other achievements
- Fixed an issue on Steam Deck where resetting Display settings to Default no longer enabled AMD FSR 2 (Options > Display)
The Last of Us Part 1 PC is out now.