First announced back in March 2019, The Lord of the Rings Gollum tells the story of the infamous titular character as he leaves the Misty Mountains in search of his Precious. From the shadowy forests of Mirkwood to the lava fields of Mordor, players will see the world of Middle Earth through the eyes of the creature. The game is described as an open-world game with linear levels. This reminds us of Lord of the Rings Shadow of Mordor but without the Arkham-style combat.
In this The Lord of the Rings Gollum guide, we’ll tell you what you need to watch out for as you go for that Platinum trophy. From what we can tell right now, expect there to be stealth segments, exploration, collectibles, and the odd battle of wits. We’re guessing that Gollum/Smeagol did not get his fill of riddles.
The Lord of the Rings Gollum is set to release on May 25, 2023. Only the trophy list has been made known to us.
There are a total of 37 trophies to collect in the game:
- 1 Platinum trophy
- 5 Gold trophies
- 9 Silver trophies
- 22 Bronze trophies
The Lord of the Rings Gollum Trophy List
- Perfectionist: Unlock all Trophies
- We Wants It! We Needs It!: No room for Smeagol
- Good Smeagol: No room for Gollum
- Rule Them All!: Gather all Collectibles
- Scout: Discover all vantage points
- How Did You Do That?: Complete the game without dying
- River Hobbit: Keep diving!
- And Now We Wish…: …Ha! Ha! What does we wish?
- He’s So Annoying: Kill the Grashneg in every possible way
- Collectible Part 2: Gather 20 Collectibles
- Nervous Hands: Complete a segment without taking damage
- Sweet Darkness: Too many lights in here…
- Made a Song: You rang all the bells at the bell tower
- Elf-Friend: You saved the cook, the Elf guards, and the Riddlemaster
- We Hates Them!: The cook, the Elf guards, and the Riddlemaster all died
- Memories: Be curious!
- Welcome to Mordor: Die for the first time in Barad-Dur
- The Wraith: Finish Chapter 1
- The Maggot: Finish Chapter 2
- The Breeder: Finish Chapter 3
- The Veteran: Finish Chapter 4
- The Traitor: Finish Chapter 5
- The Spider: Finish Chapter 6
- Good as Fish: Finish Chapter 7
- Her Eyes: Finish Chapter 8
- Gollum/Smeagol: Finish Chapter 9
- The Friend: Finish Chapter 10
- Collectibles Part 1: Find your first Collectible
- Trigger-Happy: Keep throwing stones
- Ss ss ss…: You stole food from Mell’s table
- So Tasty!: Find all the food items at the bell tower
- Murderer: Let’s play our little game…
- Wait! Wait! Not Yet!: You fell into lava
- Like Flying…: A long, long fall…
- Master of the Old Game: Riddles are silly? No…
- So Silly!: You must like art…
- Break a Leg!: Tower jumping… The third time’s the charm
The Platinum run for The Lord of the Rings Gollum doesn’t seem too hard with the notable exception of having to play through the whole game without dying to earn the “How Did You Do That?” Gold trophy.
There are 10 chapters in the game taking us to locations in and between Mirkwood and Mordor. We know we’ll have run-ins with Orcs and Shelob’s spiders. What we don’t know is if we’ll see much of the Ring Wraiths and Shelob herself. Gollum will be interacting with the Elves to an extent. Most likely the Elves of the Woodland Realm.
Like most other open-world games, it’ll mostly depend on how smoothly collectibles can be acquired. All we know right now is that there will be more than 20 collectibles out there in the wild. If the game makes it as hard looking for a needle in a haystack, or dare I say, like Mafia Remake’s comic collect-a-thon, then that’s going to negatively affect your trophy run.
The Scout Gold trophy reminds us of finding the forge towers in the Shadow of series. But instead of looking down from atop a mythic structure, we’ll mostly be looking down from the hilltops to the lands below. With any luck, the vantage points also reveal the locations of collectibles.
We really the nods to all the Tolkienverse stuff in the game. Especially the Wait! Wait! Not Yet! and Like Flying… Bronze trophies. These optional trophies make for a nice little addition to the game.
The bell tower trophies, So Tasty! and Made a Song, should have an element of stealth to them. But we’re not sure yet. In any case, the objectives remain the same: find all food items and ring all the bells.
And finally, it seems like choice plays a significant role in the game. The Elf-Friend and We Hates Them! Silver trophies determine the fate of Elvish characters. More importantly, your choices there have a direct impact on whether you ultimately get the We Wants It! We Needs It! or the Good Smeagol Gold trophies.
And that’s everything we have for right now with regards to The Lord of the Rings Gollum trophy guide. We will keep an eye out for any notable updates on the game closer to the release date. In the meantime, happy hunting out there, Trophy Hunters.
The Lord of the Rings Gollum will release on May 25th, 2023 on PS4, PS5, Nintendo Switch, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, and PC (via Steam and Epic Games).