Blizzard has finally revealed its surprise for the latest livestream, the Diablo IV Server Slam event.
After heavy teasing on Twitter recently, Blizzard has finally spilled everything: fans will have the last chance to try out Diablo IV for free. They can join the last open beta test for the game called Server Slam.
Players can join the Diablo IV Server Slam from May 12, 2023, 12 PM to May 14, 2023, 12 PM PDT. It will be available on PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X/S. It offers couch co-op for consoles and cross-play and cross-progression for all platforms.
Diablo IV Server Slam will give players one final weekend to play Diablo IV to play, but this is just a small part of the full game. At least, they will be able to test their skills and also test the capabilities of the servers before launch aka stress test. Players will be able to try out Prologue and the whole of Act I. Explore Fracture Peaks to the fullest with this free weekend.
Players will be able to try out the whole roster: Barbarian, Druid, Necromancer, Rogue, and Sorcerer. Try out the customizations, use the various skills they learn throughout the playthrough, and hone them before the full launch.
There are a few things to note from the official website:
- Any character progress made during the Early Access and Open Beta weekends will not carry over to Server Slam. Additionally, any character progress made during Server Slam will not carry over to launch.
- Players may level up their characters to Level 20, after which you will cease to gain Ability Points, but can continue to slay demons and earn alluring gear.
- The Legendary Item drop rate has been altered to reflect the drop rate that will be present in the launch version of Diablo IV.
- The version of Diablo IV available during Server Slam will include all the bug fixes and updates detailed in our Open Beta Retrospective blog.
Aside from exploring Fractured Peaks, there are other activities to do with the characters. Visit Kyovashad to repair and purchase new gear, upgrade healing potions, access the Stash, and more. There are Main and Side Quests to experience, World and Legion Events to challenge, and Dungeons to farm in.
Players can also challenge the boss monster Ashava. It will be challenging since in Diablo IV Server Slam, players cannot surpass Level 20. They can challenge the boss monster at these times:
- May 13 starting at 9 a.m. PDT and every 3 hours thereafter until the final spawn on May 14 at 9 a.m. PDT.
Defeating Ashava will net the reward Cry of Ashava Mount Trophy. The Early Access and Open Beta weekends will be available again, which will give chance to players who have not acquired them before. The rewards will be unlocked once Diablo IV launches.
Those who already earned them from Early Access and Open Beta weekends, they do not need to earn them again. Here are the ways to earn them:
- Initial Casualty Title: earned by reaching Kyovashad with one character.
- Early Voyager Title: earned by reaching Level 20 on one character.
- Beta Wolf Pack Cosmetic Item: earned by reaching Level 20 on one character.
- Cry of Ashava Mount Trophy: earned by defeating Ashava with one Level 20 character.
Players can download the Diablo IV Server Slam version on May 10, 2023 at 12 PM PDT. For those who have not downloaded the Open Beta, they will need to download it and then choose the Diablo IV – Server Slam version. For those who already have the Open Beta, they will have to download the update. Once downloaded, they will just have to wait for the Server Slam to begin.