The journal entries in the ‘Life in Hell-A’ collection try to chronicle life post-apocalypse. There are some hopeful messages here and there, but they are usually followed by a catastrophic event. We’ve seen the aftermath of many of these entries.
Below, we’ve detailed the number of Life in Hell-A journals you can collect from every category and where to find them. In this way, you can learn about the things that people left behind as they convey their experiences in the post-apocalypse.
The Life in Hell-A header consists of 3 categories, which are as follows:
- Urban Blight
- Surviving & Thriving
- The New Normal
All 4 Urban Blight Journal Locations
There are only 4 journal entries associated with this category that you can find in order:
- In the Pipes – found in Beverly Hills. On the panel of the control room where Phil is. Water treatment plant.
- Engineers on Edge – found in Beverly Hills. On the ground at the East-end road of the map.
- Workplace Incident Report – found in Brentwood Sewers. On the floor of the catwalk dead end above the Hell tunnel.
- Do Not Enter – found in Ocean Avenue. On the wall next to the Fuse door in the underground maintenance corridor of the Serling Hotel.
All 9 Surviving & Thriving Journal Locations
There are 9 journal entries associated with this category that you can find in order:
- Guided Mindlessness – found in Beverly Hills. On the nightstand of the master bedroom of the white house with the dark blue roof near the north point of the map.
- Death Spiral – found in Halperin Hotel. The telephone behind the Halperin Hotel front desk in the lobby.
- So Dumb – found in Ocean Avenue. On the wall near the front door of Room 2C of the Thalia Residences.
- Gratitude Journal – found in Ocean Avenue. On the floor of a maintenance storeroom outside the Serling Hotel.
- Prize Fighter – found in Ocean Avenue. On a stone bench near the exit point to Venice Beach. (If you’re coming from there, immediately look to your right and scan for a palm tree)
- Everything Must Go! – found in Ocean Avenue. On clothing shelves of the Epaules et Pieds store of the Serling Hotel.
- Trash Poetry – found in Ocean Avenue. Behind the breakable wooden barricade inside the trash collection area of Serling Hotel.
- Zombie Outbreak Society Rules – found in Santa Monica. On the mattress inside the pier storeroom. [Look for the slightly open barn door.]
- Family Ties – found in Santa Monica. On the counter inside the Hot Dog Shack.
All 12 The New Normal Journal Locations
There are 12 journal entries associated with this category that you can find in order:
- To My Followers – found in Bel-Air. On the computer of the streamer’s bedroom on the upper floor of the GOAT Pet Mansion
- I’ll be Waiting – found in Halperin Hotel. 200 Series floor attached to the elevator switch.
- End-of-the-world Bucket List – found in Halperin Hotel. On the dresser table in Room 306.
- Diary Entry: Thursday – found in Brentwood Sewers. Behind the locked door of the BWRP automated Hydrostatics room.
- Out of Time – found in Venice Beach. On the playset playground next to the LAPD Venice Beach Station
- People-Watching – found in Venice Beach. On a balcony above the Muscle Beach Juice Bar.
- Feeding Frenzy – found in Venice Beach. On top of the beached shipping container, back of the militarized Lifeguard tower.
- Reed’s Doubters – found in Ocean Avenue. Under the TV on a table inside Room 01 of the Serling Hotel.
- Chore Rota – found in Ocean Avenue. On a lounge table near the piano of the Serling Hotel bar.
- Triage: S. Foster & J. Yoon – found in Ocean Avenue. On the table at the back of Room 03, Serling Hotel.
- Falling on Death Ears – found in Ocean Avenue. sKOpe inside the OSK server room. On a workstation near the door.
- The Case of Lacey Dubois – found in The Metro. On top of a palette in Side Room A in the Metro tunnels. Accessible after completing the circuit breaker puzzle and wading the waters to its location.
And that’s all the ‘Life in Hell-A’ journal entries that we know of. Hopefully, this guide has aided you in your search for all the entries. Good luck out there, Survivor!
If you’re looking for more Journal Entries guides by category, refer to the links below:
Dead Island 2 is available now on PS5, PS4, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, and PC.