Game publisher and developer Cygames has announced the new Granblue Fantasy Versus Rising.
Granblue Fantasy Versus Rising Release Date
Granblue Fantasy Versus Rising is the latest title in the Granblue Fantasy Versus series. It will be developed by Arc System Works and is planned for global release in late 2023 for PS5, PS4, and PC (via Steam).
This upcoming game will maintain the high-quality presentation that the Granblue Fantasy franchise is known for and the easy-to-play game system praised by newcomers and fighting game veterans alike in the previous Granblue Fantasy Versus title. It will feature new game elements including all-new characters, mechanics, and modes.
Two New Trailers
Two new Granblue Fantasy Versus Rising trailers have been released for fans to catch an early glimpse of all-new gameplay footage. The first reveal trailer features the new elements that have been enhanced from the previous title with the latest gameplay footage. The second trailer is The Grand Bruise! trailer which introduces the online battle royale called Grand Bruise! Legends.
The game is now in development and will feature various new ways to enjoy the series. It will add a host of numerous new and rebalanced gameplay mechanics to battles as well.
Here is some early game reveal details include:
- Large Character Roster: Players will see many new and old characters join the roster. In addition to the 24 characters from the current roster of, more new characters will be joining the one at launch. The first one will be announced during the GBVS Cygames Cup Special 2023 finals, which will be held on February 25, 2023.
- New Gameplay Mechanic: Ultimate Skills: There is a new gameplay mechanic called Ultimate Skills, which is a stronger version of the Plus Skills from the original game. It slows down the opponent’s movements for a short time and enables players to extend combos and punish openings or whiffed attacks that would normally not be possible. More details will be released in the future.
- New Story Mode: It offers an abridged version of all 50 chapters featured in RPG Mode from the first GBVS will be made available in the new Story Mode. There will be no more item collection, growth elements, and some quest battles to make it easier to enjoy the story.
- Graphic Enhancements: In-game shaders and post-processing effects have been enhanced to further replicate the iconic art style of Granblue Fantasy.
- Online Lobby Expansion: Now greatly enhanced while still allowing players to control their lobby avatars, communicate with other players, and request a match. Players were originally limited to the deck of the Grandcypher but now the stage has been expanded to include an entire island.
- Grand Bruise Legends! Mode: Play with dozens of others in Grand Bruise Legends!, a dedicated online battle royale mode featuring tons of mini-games.
- Mini-games offer a variety of rules where they can either unite and fight against enemies or sabotage other players in free-for-alls in several battle royale-style games.
- Rising Royale: It’s a race to the finish in this free-for-all obstacle course. Use items to obstruct your opponents and enjoy the chaos that unfolds in this mode where anything goes!
- Gold Brick Hoarder: Players are divided into teams in this contest to wrangle as many Gold Bricks as they can into their team’s stockpile within a time limit. Like Rising Royale, players can also choose to focus on disrupting the enemy team’s progress instead.
Granblue Fantasy Versus Rising launches later this year on PC and PlayStation.
Source: Press Release