Ultra Instinct Shaggy MultiVersus fighter has caught the attention of many due to the many memes that have emerged in the recent years. While this Scooby-Doo icon is the last person you’d expect to go toe-to-toe against heavyweights like Superman, his larger-than-life version has been known to beat ridiculously overpowered characters. This guide will teach you everything about how to play Ultra Instinct Shaggy in MultiVersus.
MultiVersus Ultra Instinct Shaggy Guide
Ultra Instinct Shaggy, or just Shaggy, plays amusingly like a typical Dragon Ball Z character in MultiVersus. That colorful aura that surrounds him isn’t just for show. While this sandwich loving teen is normally milquetoast, his fighting moves, attacks, and perks are enough to put Kryptonian on their knees. Who could dare stand against this god amongst gods?
Shaggy has a unique mechanic that separates him from other characters. His Rage ability buffs him, making him stronger and faster. After using a special attack, his Rage gets used up.
MultiVersus Ultra Instinct Shaggy Specials
- It’s, Like, Off-the-Charts (Passive): Shaggy’s passive ability after using his neutral special. If he’s charged up, he will hit harder and move around further. His moves will also be modified.
- Zoinks! (Neutral Special): Shaggy charges up his Rage for a few seconds, leaving him vulnerable. A fiery aura will pulse around Shaggy as he reaches full power similar to that of a Dragon Ball Z character. This is directly tied to his Passive ability. At full charge, activating his neutral special again will make him burst knocking enemies back and buffing his teammates. If Shaggy has a teammate and is fully charged, he will drop a box of Scooby Snacks that will heal allies.
- Chiller Instinct Kick (Special): Shaggy kicks horizontally launching you into a direction. This special will further amplify the distance if his Rage is charged up. Can be used to back into the arena if knocked out.
- Power Uppercut (Up Special): Shaggy uppercuts to the air! If his Rage is filled, his punch gets more vertical travel and more power.
- Like, Feed the Hunger (Down Special): Shaggy throws a sandwich which acts like a ranged attack across the arena. Enemies caught will take damage, but allies hit will heal. Shaggy begins every match with a sandwich. When he charges up his Rage, the sandwich throw will be stronger. Without the sandwich, he does a ground slam attack instead.
Ultra Instinct Shaggy MultiVersus fighter is a great support character for his allies. He can heal and buff alike while still remaining on the offensive. However he can be reliant on his Rage which means you often need space to charge it up first.
Ultra Instinct Shaggy MultiVersus Perks
Shaggy will gain perks as you play as him and level him up. Here are all of Ultra Instinct Shaggy MultiVersus perks:
- Lumpy Space Punch (Level 2): Shaggy and his allies will deal 5% more damage midair.
- Kryptonian Skin (Level 4): Shaggy and his allies has 4% reduced damage intake.
- Equip Ally Perks (Level 6): Shaggy can borrow perks of his teammates in team games.
- Last Stand (Level 7): Shaggy and his allies will deal 10% damage if they’re at 100 damage.
- One Last Zoinks (Level 8): Shaggy will automatically fill up his Rage if he’s at 100 damage.
- Hangry Man (Level 10): Shaggy can consume a sandwich on hand to fill his Rage faster.
- Snowball Effect (Level 11): Shaggy and his allies will deal 7% more damage to an enemy team who has the most damage taken.
- Retaliation-Ready (Level 12): Shaggy can his allies gray health bars if he knocks back enemies using projectiles.
- Speed Force Assist (Level 13): Shaggy and his allies move 4% faster.
You can equip these perks before a fight starts at character selection.
Tips for Playing Ultra Instinct Shaggy MultiVersus
The Ultra Instinct Shaggy MultiVersus fighter is a great offensive-support character who can heal allies and buff up his team. However he relies on filling his Rage to do any real damage which means you need a few moments of peace to use Zoinks! to put him on his best footing.
Use Shaggy’s Chiller Instinct Kick to launch yourself back into the arena. Be careful you don’t accidentally launch yourself out of it. When Rage is full, the vertical travel of this kick launches him even further.
Speaking of full Rage, when it’s filled you’re best interest is to keep Shaggy close to his enemies. After using a Special it will be consumed and you’d have to fill it up again. So make the most out of it before using any of his specials. With his Rage filled, Shaggy deals more damage, can buff allies, and travel further.
Shaggy has a neutral physical attack, a windup punch that gives him armor while charging. It’s a great finishing move and can allow him to compete against enemies with higher health. Speaking of which, his Power Uppercut special allows you to chain in midair combos. If you have the Lumpy Space Punch perk, you can deal additional damage midair.
Since Ultra Instinct Shaggy MultiVersus is a fighter that relies on his Rage, you have to charge in every chance you get. You don’t need to wait to charge it in full, but charging while your opponent is in a safe distance is advisable. Once Rage is filled, stay close to your enemies as much as possible and don’t let them get away.
That’s our guide for How to Play Ultra Instinct Shaggy MultiVersus. We hope you found this article to be informative. For more MultiVersus content, stay with us!
Check out this gameplay from MKIceAndFire of Shaggy fighting Batman in MultiVersus.