Bungie has started Destiny 2 Guardian Games, the friendly competition between Hunters, Warlocks, and Titans.
Destiny 2 Guardian Games encourages players to compete as their favorite class for fame and glory. This free in-game event has begun today and will last for three weeks, until the end of Season of Defiance on May 23, 2023.
During the event, players will be able to earn Medallions for activities across the game, including a class-based version of the popular PvP mode Supremacy.
Players can earn two Guardian Games weapons too.
- Taraxippos – The first Legendary Strand Scout Rifle in the game.
- The Title – The Void Submachine Gun is back with updates, including the fan-favorite perk, Repulsor Brace.
Players will also get a free Guardian Games Event Card. Complete the challenges on the card to obtain cosmetic rewards like the new Exotic emote, the brand-new Champ title, and extra Triumphs. The card can be upgraded to 1,000 Silver to unlock instant and additional earnable rewards.
Gather your fireteam to take part in this year’s Guardian Games Cup. Teams can complete in the Technical and Charitable categories. The technical category tracks each officially registered team’s total number of medals dunked during the Guardian Games. The charitable category tracks the total amount raised through the team’s official Bungie Foundation sign-up page.
The top four teams in each category will be rewarded with prizes.
- Top team in the Technical category: custom art of your fireteam by PherianArt
- Top team in the Charitable category: custom art of your fireteam by Gammatrap
- Top two teams in the Technical and Charitable categories: Guardian Games Pendant ($200 MSRP)
- Top three teams in the Technical and Charitable categories: Apricot Dawn emblem
- Top four teams in the Technical and Charitable categories: Bungie Store $50 discount codes
There is also a donation reward for participants:
- $25 and above – Quantum Relay emblem
Destiny 2 is out now on PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X/S.
Source: Press Release