Destiny 2 Lightfall has introduced a new subclass which lets you play around with making the best Titan Strand build. This new subclass lets you channel your inner berserker as you run through the battlefield leaving devastation in your wake making you a nigh unstoppable monster. With the right build for the Titan Strand subclass, you can maximize your potential as an unstoppable high damage tank.
So what is the best Titan Strand build in Destiny 2 Lightfall? Let’s talk about the best grenades, fragments, aspects, and more for this subclass.
Best Titan Strand Build in Destiny 2 Lightfall
Here are the best choices for the Destiny 2 Lightfall Titan strand build:
Best Titan Strand Grenade
With the Strand subclass, you have the option to pick between Grapple, Shackle, and Threadling Grenades. Considering that the Strand lets you deal high damage as a berserker you should pick the Grapple grenade which lets you close in the distance against any enemy no matter how fast they’re moving.
Your Titan will also deal significant damage to the enemy if you melee them while grappled. Enemy players will be disoriented for a split second giving you that small room to finish them off. Alternatively we propose Shackle grenades since suspending enemies mid air denies them movement and there are Fragments that give you bonus for eliminating enemies this way.
Best Titan Strand Aspects
You only have two Aspects to choose from for the Titan Strand subclass which means you can equip both Into The Fray and Drengr’s Lash at the same time. You’ll be inclined to make use of Into The Fray a lot since this will recharge your melee energy allowing you to get back to being a berserker right away and can benefit from the Thread of Transmutation Fragment which further reduces damage.
Using Drengr’s Lash will suspend enemies in midair upon activating your class ability. This gives you room to take them out while they’re suspended which grant bonuses thanks to certain Fragments.
Best Titan Strand Fragments
Here are some of the best fragments you can equip for the Titan Strand build:
- Thread of Continuity; Debuff effects such as Suspend, Unravel, and Sever last longer on targets.
- Thread of Warding: Orb of Power grant you Woven Mail for extra protection.
- Thread of Transmutation: Final Blow against enemies while having Woven Mail gives you a Tangle to destroy which benefits thanks to Into The Fray Aspect.
- Thread of Warding: Grants Woven Mail upon picking up Orb of Power.
- Thread of Fury: Hitting enemies with Tangle recharges your melee energy.
Thanks to the Lightfall expansion, you have plenty of Fragments for the Strand subclass to choose from. We picked the ones where the Titan Strand Berserker build can benefit from.
Best Titan Strand Equipment
Here are the best equipment that will compliment your Titan Strand build and playstyle:
- Abeyant Leap: Titan leg exotic that grants Woven Mail upon suspending enemies midair and grants two more projectiles for the Drengr’s Lash.
- One-Eyed Mask: A Titan helmet exotic that shows you the person who damaged you which is useful for taking out pesky long ranged enemies playing hide and seek.
- Deterministic Chaos: A Void Heavy Machinegun exotic that can inflict debuffs on every fourth bullet which both weakens the enemy and makes them volatile.
There’s a new exotic in Destiny 2 Lightfall called the Cadmus Ridge Lancecap however it’s only really effective when using the Stasis subclass. Since this is a Titan Strand build there isn’t much utility for it so we recommend another helmet in its place. The Abeyant Leap leg exotic goes a long way here with its ability to grant you Woven Mail and bonus projectiles for Drengr’s Lash.
If you want more enticing gear to play around with, then the Lightfall Legendary campaign offers exotic rewards. This Titan Strand build is flexible so you can add and exchange equipment as you see fit.
In order to unlock the recommend Aspects, Fragments, Grenades you’ll have to collect Strand Meditations. This can be done by taking part in the various activities that was added in the Lightfall expansion.
Additionally, you’ll also have to complete the Destiny 2 Lightfall story missions before you’re able to unlock the Titan Strand subclass. You’ll be able to get a taste of it during the campaign itself but your Guardian will tire themselves out before you’re able to keep it for good.
That’s the Destiny 2 Lightfall Best Titan Strand build. We hope this guide was informative.
Hey if you want more Titan Strand builds, then this Youtube video from NickTew showing us his own Titan build for the Strand subclass.