The Line Gun is one of the weapons that Isaac can find in the Dead Space Remake. Here’s a guide that shows you where to find the Line Gun aboard the Ishimura.
Where to find the Line Gun in Dead Space Remake?
The Dead Space Remake Line Gun can be found in the Emergency Storage Room available from Chapter 4 onwards. A Level 2 Security Clearance is needed to access the locked door to get to this area.
You may first come across this area after Dr. Mercer releases the Hunter to chase you in Chapter 5. It’s possible to miss getting it due to being chased by an invincible Necromorph at this time. However, you can go back for it at any time provided that you don’t pass the point-of-no-return near the end of Chapter 11.
It’s also possible to get the Line Gun early by going to the Emergency Storage Room in Chapter 4 right after Hammond gives you the Level 2 Security Clearance in the Captain’s Nest, as seen on the image above.
What is a Line Gun in Dead Space Remake?
The Line Gun is a superior version of the Plasma Cutter, sporting a wider line that will cut off both legs in one hit. However, it consumes more ammunition and its projectiles cannot be rotated. Instead, its secondary function is to create laser mines that will cut off the limbs of passing enemies. These mines can then be picked up again to refund ammo.
- Ammo: Line Racks
- Alternate Fire: Laser Mines
Where to find the Line Racks Schematic?
The Line Racks schematic will let you purchase ammo for the Line Gun in any store. You can get it from Dr. B. Warrick’s Office in the hallway leading to the Zero-G Therapy. After submitting the schematics to a store, you will be able to purchase a stack of 3 Line Racks ammo for 2,100 credits.
Line Gun Upgrades and where to find them
The Line Gun has three upgrades that can be found in the USG Ishimura. Here is where you can find them in the order that you can find them:
- Ionized Capacitor: Can be purchased for 11,500 credits from any store after finding the Line Gun.
- Photon Energizer: Can be found in the Lab Storage between the Chemical and Cryogenics Room. A Level 3 Security Clearance is needed to open the lock. The upgrade can be found in one of the crates inside.
- Precision Lasers: Can be found in the Hydroponics hallway between the Hydroponics Central Hub and Tram Station. The Master Override is needed to unlock the crate containing the upgrade.
If you like our article, here’s more Dead Space Remake content that you’ll love:
- All Dead Space Remake Suits (RIGs) & how to unlock them
- Dead Space Remake: How to increase the inventory space
- Dead Space Remake: How to restore Stasis?
- Dead Space Remake: How to save the game?
- Dead Space Remake: How to heal?
Here’s a YouTube video by GameRiot on How to find the Line Gun in Dead Space Remake: