There are many ways to improve your character’s power in Diablo Immortal, one of the best is upgrading your gear. Throughout your gameplay, it’s vital that you maintain your gear upgraded, and the method for doing so is pretty straightforward.
Various slots will be available for players to use, each with a different set of gear. However, you could be missing out on significant power boosts in the game if you don’t level up certain gear pieces. As such, here’s a rundown how to upgrade your gear in Diablo Immortal for players who are interested in fully optimizing their characters and building them according to their preferences.
How to Upgrade your Gear in Diablo Immortal?
When you upgrade your gear in Diablo Immortal, you add a rank to it, which increases the item’s stats and indicates a higher level of power.
You can upgrade your gear by visiting the Blacksmith and paying for the necessary upgrades using the resources that you have collected. You’ll be able to interact with Blacksmith NPCs once you’ve completed the main storyline. They can be found in the different regions of the map once they’ve been unlocked.
There are 2 types of Gear that can be upgraded by the player:
- Primary Gear
- Secondary Gear
The only two rarities of gear that may be upgraded are Rare and Legendary. The Magic (blue) and Common (grey) gears cannot be upgraded, although given how frequently you can find them through looting, it is unlikely that upgrading them would be beneficial in any manner.
Your Primary Gear can be rare or legendary, and each type of gear has a rank that it can be upgraded to. It is possible to upgrade rare gear to Rank 5 and legendary gear to Rank 20. When a single item is upgraded numerous times, it becomes more powerful as the game progresses.
Your Secondary Gear can be rare or a set. Sets can be upgraded to Rank 10, whereas rare gears can be upgraded to Rank 5 only. With set gear, you get additional stats you can’t get with uncommon gear. Set gear, on the other hand, is far more difficult to obtain and has lower bonus stats than legendary primary gear.
Gear Rank Upgrade Costs in Diablo Immortal
Your gear can be upgraded by using a variety of crafting materials, and you’ll need a lot of these resources to maintain your gear in shape.
The cost for upgrading your Primary Gear are as follows:
- Rank 1 – 125x Scrap, 1,500 Gold
- Rank 2 – -150x Scrap, 1 Dust, 4,000 Gold
- Rank 3 – 175x Scrap, 10x Dust, 6,500 Gold
- Rank 4 – 200x Scrap, 20x Dust, 9,000 Gold
- Rank 5 – 225x Scrap, 40x Dust, 11,500 Gold
- Rank 6 – 250x Scrap, 60x Dust, 1x Shard, 14,500 Gold
- Rank 7 – 300x Scrap, 80x Enchanted Dust, 1x Shard, 18,000 Gold
- Rank 8 – 400x Scrap, 100x Enchanted Dust, 1x Shard, 22,000 Gold
- Rank 9 – 500x Scrap, 125x Enchanted Dust, 1x Shard, 26,000 Gold
- Rank 10 – 700x Scrap, 150x Enchanted Dust, 1x Shard, 30,000 Gold
- Rank 11 – 900x Scrap, 200x Enchanted Dust, 5x Shard, 36,000 Gold
- Rank 12 – 1,100 x Scrap, 250x Enchanted Dust, 5x Shard, 43,000 Gold
- Rank 13 – 1,300x Scrap, 300x Enchanted Dust, 5x Shard, 50,000 Gold
- Rank 14 – 1,500x Scrap, 350x Enchanted Dust, 5x Shard, 57,000 Gold
- Rank 15 – 2,000x Scrap, 400x Enchanted Dust, 5x Shard, 64,000 Gold
- Rank 16 – 2,500x Scrap, 450x Enchanted Dust, 15x Shard, 70,000 Gold
- Rank 17 – 3,000x Scrap, 500x Enchanted Dust, 25x Shard, 100,000 Gold
- Rank 18 – 4,000x Scrap, 700x Enchanted Dust, 30x Shard, 140,000 Gold
- Rank 19 – 5,000x Scrap, 800x Enchanted Dust, 35x Shard, 180,000 Gold
- Rank 20 – 8,000x Scrap, 1000x Enchanted Dust, 40x Shard, 220,000 Gold
The cost for upgrading your Secondary Gear are as follows:
- Rank 1 – 50x Scrap, 20x Enigmatic Crystals, 1,500 Gold
- Rank 2 – 50x Scrap, 20x Enigmatic Crystals, 4,000 Gold
- Rank 3 – 100x Scrap, 40x Enigmatic Crystals, 6,500 Gold
- Rank 4 – 100x Scrap, 40x Enigmatic Crystals, 9,000 Gold
- Rank 5 – 150x Scrap, 60x Enigmatic Crystals, 11,500 Gold
- Rank 6 – 150x Scrap, 60x Enigmatic Crystals, 14,000 Gold
- Rank 7 – 200x Scrap, 80x Enigmatic Crystals, 18,000 Gold
- Rank 8 – 200x Scrap, 80x Enigmatic Crystals, 22,000 Gold
- Rank 9 – 250x Scrap, 100x Enigmatic Crystals, 26,000 Gold
- Rank 10 – 250x Scrap, 100x Enigmatic Crystals, 30,000 Gold
How to Get Gear Upgrade Materials in Diablo Immortal
It is recommended that you bring all of your unused gear to the Blacksmith, then salvage it in exchange for crafting materials.
Getting enchanted dust isn’t as easy as it appears in the game. When you beat bosses, open loot chests, or complete side missions, you can frequently find this material. While salvaging rare items, enchanted dust can also be obtained.
If you have a lot of stuff in the game, you might want to consider turning it into enchanted dust. The Smithing Vendor in Westmarch, right next to the blacksmith, can convert scraps into enchanted dust.
You should also know how to effectively handle gold so that you do not waste it, as gold is a necessary component of most gear upgrades. It’s easy to gain Gold in this game if you just kill all of the enemies in your way. In addition, slaying a swarm of Treasure Goblins can net you an enormous amount of gold in one fell swoop.
How to Transfer Gear Ranks in Diablo Immortal
This game has a unique feature that allows you to transfer upgrade levels between your gears, giving players a reason to keep growing. If you want to transform a Rank 0 legendary chest into a Rank 5 legendary chest, for instance, you can take the Rank 5 from a rare chest and transfer it to the legendary chest.
Keep in mind that gear ranks can only be transferred between items of the same slot. You won’t be able to use the Rank Transfer feature until you reach level 19 though.
Manually transferring gear levels can be done through the Blacksmith by using the Rank Transfer menu. When you’re at the blacksmith, all you have to do to is click on upgrade to transfer the Gear Rank to the new item.
To stay up to date on the newest Diablo Immortal news, guides, and features, you can check out our related Diablo Immortal articles here.
- Is Diablo Immortal Pay to Win?
- Diablo Immortal Classes – All Abilities, Best Starting Class
- Diablo Immortal Tier List – Classes Ranked
- Diablo Immortal Necromancer Best Build
- Diablo Immortal Wizard Best Build
- Diablo Immortal Barbarian Best Build
- Diablo Immortal Demon Hunter Best Build
- Diablo Immortal Crusader Best Build
- Diablo Immortal PC: release date, requirements & how to play
- Diablo Immortal: Loot Box Laws Impairs Launch on Certain Countries
- How to Repair the Client for Diablo Immortal on PC and mobile
- Diablo Immortal Servers List – All Regions and Languages
- Diablo Immortal Cross Platform and Cross-play Details
- Diablo Immortal Full Gear Costs Up to $110,000
- Diablo Immortal Clans – How to Join and Create Clans
Here’s an awesome video by mTurboGamer on the Easiest & Fastest Way To Farm Legendary Items (Weapons & Gear) In Diablo Immortal: