The Magma Wyrm of Gael Tunnel is one of the mini-bosses that players can fight in Elden Ring. This particular Magma Wyrm is highly sought-after since, once it is defeated, players will get the Moonveil Katana, one of the best katanas in the game.
In this guide, we will look into the Magma Wyrm’s attacks and how to react to them, as well as some tips to make the fight easy.
Magma Wyrm Location
The Magma Wyrm can be found inside the Gael Tunnel, situated in the border of Limgrave and Caelid. It is located within a circular cave at the very end of the tunnel.
Elden Ring Magma Wyrm Attacks
Magma Wyrm spits out a fireball that lands some distance in front of it.
The attack is easily telegraphed and can be avoided be just running to the left or right.
Magma Wyrm raises its front arms up from the ground while holding on its blade. It then slams back down leading with its blade, sending a small shockwave.
Its wind up is a bit slow and it can easily be avoidable. You can dodge roll through its shockwave or simply jump as it pases.
Side Lava Spit
Magma Wyrm turns its head to the side looking backwards and spits out lava on its side. It can do this on either its left or right side.
If it prepares for this attack, pay attention to its head and dodge towards the side that it is not facing at. Be careful not to get hit or walk over the lava as it lingers for a few seconds.
Running Lava Spit
Magma Wyrm spits out lava on the ground as it moves forward. If it does this near the cave’s wall, it will follow the curvature of the wall as it runs. It can chain this attack two to three times and the lava puddles linger for a few seconds.
Be careful not to get caught in front of the Magma Wyrm as it does this attack. Try to reposition towards its tail to avoid getting hit while also avoiding to step on the lava pools.
Magma Wyrm wil swing its blade horizontally in front of it.
Since it holds its blade with its right hand, dodge roll from your right to the left to avoid its swing.
Magma Wyrm will do an almost 180-degree turn, whipping its tail as well as its blade outwards.
Staying near its belly which is the center point of the body should keep you relatively safe from getting hit by either its tail or its blade.
How to beat Magma Wyrm Fight
Here are additional tips on how you can beat the Magma Wyrm in Elden Ring:
- Try to position yourself near its belly since it is an easy target. As a melee attacker, the only attacks that you’ll have to look out for is its lava spit and its front slam.
- You can use spirit summons to get help putting in some more damage.
- The Magma Wyrm can be staggered once its super armor has been depleted, though it can sometimes lay its head on top of a lava pool, making it impossible to follow through with a critical attack without getting damaged.
Elden Ring Magma Wyrm Rewards
Defeating the Magma Wyrm will reward you with the following:
- Dragon Heart
- 7,500 Runes
- Physical – 73
- Magic – 87
- Fire – 0
- Light – 0
- Holy – 0
- Critical – 100
Guarded Damage Negation
- Physical – 31
- Magic – 57
- Fire – 26
- Light – 26
- Holy – 26
- Guard Boost – 31
Requirement and Scaling
- Str – 12 (E)
- Dex – 18 (D)
- Int – 23 (C)
- Transient Moonlight – Goes into a stance with the Moonveil sheathed. Can be followed up by a normal or a heavy attack that produces different slashes:
- Normal attack – Releases a wave of light that passes through shields.
- Heavy attack – Does a downwards slash attack.
- Causes blood loss buildup (50)
If you like this guide, check out our other Elden Ring articles:
- Elden Ring PC System Requirements Now Official
- Elden Ring All Editions – Details and Comparison
- All 10 Elden Ring Classes – Best Starting Classes
- Elden Ring Multiplayer Guide – Is there Crossplay and Cross Platform?
- Elden Ring Character Creation Guide
- How to Beat Godrick the Grafted – Elden Ring Boss Fight
- How to Beat Rennala, Queen of the Full Moon – Elden Ring Boss Fight
- Elden Ring – How to Beat Starscourge Radahn Boss Fight
- Elden Ring Invasions and How to Get the Bloody Finger
- Elden Ring – How to Get Moonlight Greatsword: Dark Moon Greatsword
- Elden Ring – How to Beat Margit the Fell Omen Boss Fight
- Elden Ring – How to Beat Red Wolf of Radagon Boss Fight
- How to Beat Flying Dragon Agheel Boss Fight | Elden Ring
- Elden Ring – How to Beat Crucible Knight Boss Fight
- Elden Ring – How to Beat Morgott, the Omen King Boss Guide
- Elden Ring – How to Beat Godfrey, First Elden Lord Boss Guide
- Elden Ring – How to Beat Hoarah Loux, Warrior Boss Guide
Check out this video by SweetJohnnyCage – Narrated Guides & Walkthroughs on how to defeat the Magma Wyrm: