Blood Essence in V Rising is one of the most significant resource you can get which may be used for a wide range of purposes, such as crafting buildings, upgrades, and of course, it’s the key component to protect your castle from getting invaded.
Additionally, it can be further subdivided into different types, such as Greater Blood Essence and Primal Blood Essence. Nevertheless, it’s not always clear how to get your hands on it and what you should do with it. So let’s take a closer look at Blood Essence in V Rising and all of its various uses and crafting possibilities.
How to get Blood Essence in V Rising?
Blood Essence in V Rising can be found on any creatures bearing blood. Hence, when you kill any of the creatures in the Farbane Woods (early game) that have blood, such as bandits, bears, deer, or moose, they will each have a chance to drop a Blood Essence.
Blood Essence is automatically added to your inventory after each kill, rather than dropping to the ground as it would if it were left there, unless your inventory is full.
The Blood Press, which you may unlock by completing the story quests, is another option, you can just craft it if you’re having trouble obtaining Blood Essence.
Build a Blood Press
You can find the Blood Press in the Production Menu, then head over to Refinement Tab. To Craft it, you need the following materials:
- 12 Planks
- 120 stone
Either 4 Rats or 4 Tainted Hearts will yield 10 Blood Essence, and Later on, you’ll be depositing Blood Essences in the Castle Heart.
Build a Castle Heart
Creating a Castle Heart is a simple process once you’ve completed a castle for the first time. It’s important to lay a solid foundation for your castle initially. A main hub will be established in the room in which the castle heart has been placed.
Using the “B” key, select the “Fundamentals” tab, and then place the Castle Heart on the ground. In order to build a castle heart, the following materials are needed:
- 30 Blood Essence
- 240 Stones
How to get Greater Blood Essence in V Rising?
Greater blood essence in V Rising can be used for a variety of purposes, including accessing secret knowledge and creating endgame-level structures.
It’s possible to find Greater Blood Essences in two ways. Both of these methods can be used by any player to craft them:
- Killing V Blood Bosses and other high-level opponents will grant you Greater Blood Essence. However, this style of farming isn’t suited to people with lower gear levels.
- The second approach is much easier and can subsequently be utilized as a passive farming method since it includes crafting Greater Blood Essence with Unsullied Hearts and Blood Essence at the Blood Press.
How to Get the Greater Blood Essence Crafting Recipe
As you make your way throughout the game, Greater Blood essence in V Rising can be crafted using a recipe that you can obtain by defeating Tristan The Vampire Hunter. He can be tracked using the Blood Altar, and can be spotted in the Farbane Woods. We recommend that you at least get to level 50 before fighting him.
Once you reach level 50, your primary focus should be on obtaining this recipe, since it will be far more convenient than relying on Unsullied Hearts to craft Blood Essence.
After you’ve defeated Tristan, head over to the Blood Press and craft the Greater Blood Essence using either 4 Unsullied Hearts or 200 Blood Essence.
How to Get Unsullied Hearts
4 Unsullied Hearts are required in order to craft Greater blood Essence, which can only be obtained by defeating V Blood Carriers or other high-level creatures. Unfortunately, you won’t be able to fight these foes easily because you won’t start seeing more Unsullied Hearts until you’re up against level 30+ enemies.
Having said that, V Bloods are likely going to be your greatest option for collecting Unsullied Hearts due to the fact that they drop more of these hearts than other enemies do. When you have collected enough of them, you can use the Blood Press to convert your it into a Greater Blood Essence.
How to get Primal Blood Essence in V Rising?
Expect to find Primal Blood Essence only at the very end of the game, as it is the most rare variety of Blood Essence.
Hence, It’s possible to find Primal Blood Essences in two ways. Both of these methods can be used by any player to craft them:
- Killing V Blood Bosses and other high-level opponents will grant you Primal Blood Essence. In order to ensure that you don’t die while farming it, you must get to a particular level relatively late in the game.
- The second approach is much easier and can subsequently be utilized as a passive farming method since it includes crafting Primal Blood Essence with Exquisite Hearts and Greater Blood Essence at the Blood Press.
How to Get the Primal Blood Essence Crafting Recipe
Primal Blood essence in V Rising can be crafted using a recipe that you can obtain by defeating Jade The Vampire Hunter. She can be tracked using the Blood Altar, and can be spotted in Dunley Farmlands. We recommend that you at least get to level 60 before fighting her.
After she’s been defeated, you can craft the Primal Blood Essence by interacting with the Blood Press and make use of either your 4 Exquisite Hearts or 12 Greater Blood Essence.
How to Get Exquisite Hearts
You can farm Exquisite Hearts by killing enemies of a higher level in Dunley Farmlands, Cursed Forest, or Silverlight Hills. However, it’s not a guaranteed drop. As a result, farming them isn’t going to be as simple as killing them and collecting the drop.
How to Use Every Type of Blood Essence in V Rising
All types of Blood Essences are used for a variety of reasons, as we’ll explain in detail hereunder:
- Blood Essence – Blood Essence provides power to your castle and prevents it from decaying, which is a state that makes your base susceptible to being destroyed and taken over by other players, and you’ll want to maintain your Castle Heart stocked with Blood Essence to keep your base safe. You’ll also need Blood Essence to build essential furniture and crafting stations, so saving any extras is a good idea anyway.
- Greater Blood Essence – In order to strengthen your Castle Heart and create Servant Coffins, you’ll need Greater Blood Essence, which is a stronger version of Blood Essence. Keep in mind that Greater Blood Essence can’t be used as Castle Heart fuel.
- Primal Blood Essence – Primal Blood Essence is needed to produce the Legendary Blood Key. This piece of high-level equipment is the only legendary item that can be obtained in V Rising’s early access at the moment. You’ll have plenty of time to stockpile ordinary and greater Blood Essence since the Blood Key is an endgame item. Expect to see it on the V Rising Roadmap soon, as its description hints at what’s ahead.
To stay up to date on the newest V Rising news, guides, and features, you can check out our related V Rising articles here:
- All V Blood Boss Locations in V Rising
- How to Find V Blood Bosses in V Rising
- All V Rising Dunley Farmlands Bosses – How to Beat
- V Rising Multiplayer – Co-op and How to Play with Friends
- V Rising Skills – All Ability Types Explained
- V Rising Weapons – All Weapons and How to Use Them
- V Rising Horse Guide – How to Get a Mount
- How to Fast Travel in V Rising – Best Ways to Fast Travel
- V Rising Iron: Locations & How to Get
- How to Get V Rising Whetstones
- V Rising Admin Commands
- All V Rising Console Commands and Cheats
- V Rising Controller Support – Availability, Compatibility, and Issues
- V Rising Steam Deck – Availability, Compatibility, & Issues
- V Rising Twilight Snapper: How to get and Where to find
Here’s a video by Never Nathaniel on How to Get and Use Blood Essence in V Rising | Quick Guides: