With the recent updates adding in Scar, Woody, and Buzz Lightyear in Disney Dreamlight Valley, a couple of things have been added into the game as well, some of which are new gemstones. Some of these new gemstones can be mined within a new location, while one is a very rare gem, but can be mined through any vein in Dreamlight Valley.
In this guide, we will be going through the updated list of all the gems in Disney Dreamlight Valley and the locations of where each of them can be mined.
All Gem Locations in Disney Dreamlight Valley
- Ruby – can be found within the Vitalys Mines *new*
- Sapphire – can be found within the Vitalys Mines *new*
- Vitalys Crystal – can be found within the Vitalys Mines *new*
- Onyx – can be found in any mining node throughout the Valley, but has a very low drop chance *new*
- Amethyst – can be found in the Frosted Heights or in the Forgotten Lands.
- Aquamarine – can be found in the Forest of Valor or in Dazzle Beach.
- Citrine – can be found in the Glade of Trust or in the Sunlit Plateau.
- Diamond – can only be found in the Forgotten Lands.
- Emerald – can be found in the Glade of Trust or in the Forest of Valor.
- Garnet – can be found in the Plaza or in the Peaceful Meadow.
- Peridot – can be found in the Peaceful Meadow or in Dazzle Beach.
- Topaz – can be found in the Plaza.
- Tourmaline – can be found in the Sunlit Plateau or in the Frosted Heights.
The Vitalys Mines is a new location which can be accessed by going through the entrance at the end of the river in Sunlit Plateau. It is a key location in Scar’s Nature and Nurture story quest.
The Ruby and Sapphire gems can be used to craft furniture such as the Holiday themed ones and the colored lamps. The Vitalys Crystals is used to create special enchantment potions for the tools, while the Onyx can also be used for an enchantment potion or for creating Night Shards.
All of the gems in the game can be mined from mining nodes using the pickaxe, regardless of its upgrade level.
How to mine a lot of gems quickly
To mine a lot of gems in a short amount of time, always remember to bring along a villager assigned as a miner who has a maxed out friendship level. This almost always guarantees that they will give you another gem from a mining node that has one.
The mining bonus procs once the entire mining node has been depleted and once it procs, the miner villager will usually give out a bonus drop that has the highest rarity among the ones you’ve mined from the node. In the case of gem nodes, the miner villager will always give out another copy of the mined gem.
If you like this guide, be sure to check out our other Disney Dreamlight valley articles:
- The Fragmented Past Quest Guide Disney Dreamlight Valley
- The Illumination Quest Guide Disney Dreamlight Valley
- Wanted: Aliens Quest Guide Disney Dreamlight Valley
- Failing Better Quest Guide Disney Dreamlight Valley
- A Bit of a Fixer Upper Quest Guide Disney Dreamlight Valley
- How to Unlock Woody in Disney Dreamlight Valley
- How to Unlock Stitch in Disney Dreamlight Valley
- Disney Dreamlight Valley Festive Quests Guide
- Festive Star Path Complete Guide Disney Dreamlight Valley
- Disney Dreamlight Valley Redemption Codes (December 2022)
- Maguro Sushi Disney Dreamlight Valley Recipe Guide
- Disney Dreamlight Valley Friends Aren’t Food Walkthrough
- Disney Dreamlight Valley Nature and Nurture Walkthrough
- How to Unlock Scar in Disney Dreamlight Valley
- How to Catch a Tilapia in Disney Dreamlight Valley
- Disney Dreamlight Valley Elsa Stuck in the House (fix)
- Best Way to Make Money in Disney Dreamlight Valley
- Disney Dreamlight Valley Sunflower: how to get & where to find
- Critters’ Favorite Food in Disney Dreamlight Valley
- Time Traveling Errors and Fixes in Disney Dreamlight Valley
Check out this video by DameWhoGames showing how to get Onyx in Disney Dreamlight Valley: