Solar 3.0 just arrive in Destiny 2, and with it are a lot of changes done towards the Solar subclasses to spice things up. One of the major additions coming from this update are the Destiny 2 Solar 3.0 Fragments which will provide different kinds of buffs and effects.
There are a total of 14 Solar 3.0 Fragments in this Destiny 2 Season of the Haunted update. Within Bungie’s official changelog, four of them were redacted for some reason, but we still got some info about what these are.
In this guide, we will take a look into all the Solar 3.0 Fragments and what they do.
All Solar 3.0 Fragments in Destiny 2
- Ember of Singeing: Your class ability recharges faster when you scorch targets.
- Ember of Benevolence: Applying restoration, cure, or radiant to allies grants increased grenade, melee, and class ability regeneration for a short duration. -10 Discipline.
- Ember of Beams: Your Solar Super projectiles have stronger target acquisition. +10 Intellect.
- Ember of Empyrean: Solar weapon or ability final blows extend the duration of restoration and radiant effects applied to you. -10 Resilience.
- Ember of Combustion: Final blows with your Solar Super cause targets to ignite. +10 Strength.
- Ember of Torches: Powered melee attacks against combatants make you and nearby allies radiant.
- Ember of Char: Your Solar ignitions spread scorch to affected targets. +10 Discipline.
- Ember of Tempering: Solar weapon final blows grant you and your allies increased recovery for a short duration. Stacks 3 times. While Ember of Tempering is active, your weapons have increased airborne effectiveness. -10 Recovery.
- Ember of Blistering: Defeating targets with Solar ignitions grant grenade energy.
- Ember of Solace: Radiant and restoration effects applied to you have increased duration.
- Ember of Eruption: Your Solar ignitions have increased area of effect. +10 Strength.
- Ember of Ashes: You apply more scorch stacks to targets.
- Ember of Wonder: Rapidly defeating multiple targets with Solar ignitions generates an Orb of Power. +10 Resilience.
- Ember of Searing: Defeating scorched targets grants melee energy. +10 Recovery.
How to unlock All Solar 3.0 Fragments in Destiny 2
Ten out of the fourteen Solar Fragments will be readily available for each class to use.
To unlock Solar 3.0 Fragments in Destiny 2, follow these steps:
- Head over to The Tower.
- Make your way to Ikora Rey on the right side of The Tower as soon as you arrive.
- Speak to Ikora and click on the orange rectangle in her menu that appears after you do so.
- Ikora’s Solar 3.0 inventory will open, allowing you to see all the new features and abilities on the Fragment tabs.
- Selecting the Fragments tab will bring up a new submenu, where you can purchase Fragments fragments you don’t have with Glimmer.
- The Ember of Eruption and the Ember of Searing can be bought from Ikora Rey at the Tower for 25,000 Glimmer each. It’s important to note that these two fragments need to be bought on each of your characters, if needed. A large amount of Glimmer will be required to purchase these for each class, so be prepared to spend some money.
- As for the Ember of Empyrean and the Ember of Char, they are not available to get in the game as of now, but they will most likely become accessible once the dungeon for this season has been defeated.
- After purchasing the Fragments that you need, exit out and go back to where Ikora is standing.
- Interact with Ikora and you’ll be given the option to meditate.
Meditating will unlock all Fragments you’ve purchased. If you skip meditation, you won’t have access to any of those Fragments yet.
- Destiny 2 Solar 3.0 Hunter Best Build
- Destiny 2 Solar 3.0 Warlock Best Build
- Destiny 2 Solar 3.0 Titan Best Build
- How to Unlock All Destiny 2 Solar 3.0 Fragments
- Destiny 2 New Solar 3.0 Abilities
- Destiny 2 Duality Dungeon: Release Date, Rewards, & More
- Destiny 2 How to Get to Pleasure Gardens in Derelict Leviathan
- How to get the Season of the Haunted Seasonal Artifact in Destiny 2
- Destiny 2 Season of the Haunted Exotics
- Destiny 2 Season of the Haunted Brings Back The Leviathan
- Destiny 2 Season of the Haunted Season Pass Contents
If you like this guide, be sure to check out our other Destiny 2 articles:
- Destiny 2 A Spark of Hope Quest Guide – Get Exotic Weapons
- Destiny 2 How to Complete the Kill the Messenger Quest and Get the Dead Messenger
- Destiny 2 Vow of the Disciple Raid Symbols Guide
Check out this video by Profane Gaming showing how to get the Solar Fragments and Grenades: