Budding Talent is the first paralogue in Fire Emblem Engage. A small village is being raided by the Corrupted, but luckily they have a family of doctors that are able to sustain the brunt of the attacks while the rest of the villagers flee to safety. It is also in this paralogue that you will be able to recruit Jean.
The Fire Emblem Engage Jean Paralogue is a challenging and engaging mission that requires strategic planning and careful use of the player’s units. The enemies are tough and the player will have to use different tactics to defeat them.
Read on as we go through the events of Fire Emblem Engage Paralogue 1: Budding Talent while we share more details about the story and characters, as well as some tips to help in the battles.
See previous Fire Emblem Engage Chapter 5: Retaking the Castle Walkthrough
Jean Paralogue: Budding Talent Walkthrough
Paralogue 1: Budding Talent can be unlocked once Chapter 5: Retaking the Castle has been cleared.
A small village by the east is being invaded by an army of Corrupted. The village’s resident family of doctors decided to stay to help defend the village. Jean, the son of the family, also decided to stay and lend his help despite being told by his father to evacuate the village.
Budding Talent Combat Preparations
For this fight, you’ll only be able to deploy 7 units in the map. Choose at least one unit that has high mobility, like Alfred or Chloé, to scout the area and reach two village houses that will need rescuing.
You can forego bringing a support healer with you as Jean can fill the role once he has been recruited, just make sure that your units can sustain themselves with vulnerabilities. Jean’s father will also be healing any injured units near him, however, he remains as an AI-controlled unit throughout the fight.
Jean can be recruited into the party once Alear gets to talk to him during the fight, or if he survives the fight. Once Alear approaches him, he can be recruited through the Talk option, after which he can then be controlled like every other unit and be deployed in other missions moving forward.
Jean is a qi adept unit that has the ability to heal with his staff, as well as use chain guard to support units.
Budding Talent Combat and Exploration Loot
These are the items that can be obtained from defeating enemies, saving villagers, or visiting houses during the fight:
- Defense Tonic
- Energy Drop
- Pure Water
- 1,000 Gold
These are the items that can be obtained from picking up the glowing items on the ground during the exploration phase:
- Iron Ingot
- Steel Ingot
- Wheat Flour
These are the animals that can be adopted during the exploration phase. Note that some animals require upgrades done on the Somniel stable first before they can be adopted:
- Elyosian Sheep
- Firenese Cat
- White Elyosian Dog
Overall, the Fire Emblem Engage Jean Paralogue is a well-written and thought-provoking side quest that delves into the complex and nuanced character of Jean. It offers players a deeper understanding of the game’s world and the motivations of its characters, while also providing a fun and challenging gameplay experience.
If you like this guide, be sure to check out our other Fire Emblem Engage articles:
- How to Unlock Tiki’s Bracelet in Fire Emblem Engage
- How to Unlock the Lookout Ridge Event and Get Edelgard’s Bracelet in Fire Emblem Engage
- All Skills in Fire Emblem Engage
- Fire Emblem Engage Emblems Guide: All Emblems & Best Pairings
- Fire Emblem Engage Romance Options & Romance Guide
- How to Raise Bond Level in Fire Emblem Engage
- Fire Emblem Engage Day 1 Patch Introduces Free Content
- How to get Bond Rings in Fire Emblem Engage
- Fire Emblem Engage Growth Rates Explained
- How to recruit units in Fire Emblem Engage
- How many chapters are there in Fire Emblem Engage?
- Fire Emblem Engage Voice Actors – English and Japanese Cast
- Fire Emblem Engage Ivy – Class Guide, How to Recruit & Romance
- How to Farm Gold Quickly in Fire Emblem Engage
- How to Level Up Characters Fast in Fire Emblem Engage
- How to Farm Bond Fragments in Fire Emblem Engage
- How to Recruit Anna in Fire Emblem Engage
- Fire Emblem Engage Classes – Full List, How to Promote & More
- Best Gifts For Each Character – Fire Emblem Engage
- Fire Emblem Engage Allegedly Censored Underage Dating Scenes (Update)
Check out this video by omegaevolution showing how to complete Paralogue 1: Budding Talent: