Depending on what kind of monitor you have, you may be looking to change the FOV slider setting in High On Life. However, no settings from the game allows you to do this leaving you stuck with the standard field of view. This doesn’t sound preferable for a modern day first-person shooter, so this guide will show you how to change the FOV slider in High On Life.
How to Change FOV in High On Life?
The only way to change the FOV slider in High On Life is by downloading a mod for it. There is no way to change the field of view setting with just the standard game itself. This means that only PC players are able to do anything to change the FOV slider.
There are several mods online that are already available which allow you to change the FOV slider of High On Life. There is one on Steam’s Workshop, but in case you don’t own the game on that platform, then you can download a mod from Nexus Mods. The FOV Slider mod from DmgVol seems to work perfectly, although it does zoom out some of the interfaces.
Unfortunately, you’d also need to download the Oregon Mod Loader from the same author to get it to work. If you’re worried about internet safety, Nexus Mods is one of the safest and most trusted sites to download mods from the web.
There is no way to download the mod on Xbox consoles so players who aren’t playing on PC may have to wait for an update in the future. For the time being, only PC players are able to modify their files to include this option.
So far the instruction to install the FOV slider mod isn’t complex. You simply need to extract the files to the correct folder and then use Oregon Mod Loader by pressing F1 in order to edit your FOV.
Here are the full instructions to get the FOV slider mod working:
- Download the mod from DmgVol.
- Extract the .pak file to “…\HighOnLife\Oregon\Content\Paks”
- Launch High On Life and press F1 to open the modmenu.
- Type in “fovslider” and confirm.
- Pause the game by pressing Esc, go to Settings, and then Video to set your desired FOV.
That’s our guide for changing the High On Life FOV Slider. We hope that you managed to find this information useful even though it isn’t available to console users. Here are some more High On Life related content:
- How to find all High On Life Locations in Downtown Blim City (3/3)
- Where to Find the Human Haven Keycard in High On Life
- How to Use Warp Discs in High on Life
- High On Life: Stab Gene or Not?
- High On Life Red or Blue – Best Choice Guide
- High On Life Slums Luglox Chests Collectible Locations
- High On Life Trolley Tracks Warp Disc Guide
- High On Life Mods Please Ban Achievement Guide
- High On Life Gunning For Your Job Achievement Guide
- How to Get Knifey in High On Life
- How to get the Jetpack in High on Life
- How to Beat All Bosses in High On Life
- High on Life Blim City Luglox Chests Collectible Locations
- Where to Find the Secret Movie Theater in High On Life
- Where to Find a Drum in High On Life
- High on Life Achievements Guide & How to 100%
- High On Life Voice Actors and Cast
- How to Beat 5-Torg: High On Life Secret Boss
- All High On Life Guns and How to Get Them
- High On Life Preload Guide
- Is High on Life coming to PS4 and PS5?
- Is High On Life on Game Pass? (Answered)
- How long to beat High On Life
Here’s a Youtube video from SkitsofRandom showing how to change the FOV Slider in High on Life with a Cheat Engine.