If you’ve been around the alien environments in High On Life, you may notice what seems to be yellow power boxes with a square hole in the center. These will seem odd as you won’t know how to properly disable them no matter where you look, but don’t fret. This guide will show you how to disable these yellow power boxes in High On Life, so read on.
How to Disable Yellow Power Boxes in High On Life?
You must fire Creature at the square hole of the yellow power boxes in order to disable them in High On Life. After Creature fires his own children into the power box, they will disable it from the inside for you.
Despite encountering many yellow power boxes early in High On Life, you’re only able to acquire Creature about halfway into the game. You’ll receive this Gatlian as part of your arsenal during your hunt for the Skrendel Brothers on Zephyr Paradise. He will be trapped in the lab with plenty of forcefield bubbles where you’ll quickly find out how to use him.
Creature acts like a living grenade launcher. Due to bizarre alien biology, he’s a Gatlian that launches his own children as live grenades that can weaken enemies or mind control them to your side. However, his children can also disable those yellow power boxes that keep up walls, shields, and other structures.
Once you shoot one of Creature’s kids into those holes, they’ll automatically disable it for you. They’re even capable of traversing short distances to ensure the few seconds they’re alive aren’t a waste.
You will occasionally be using Creature to solve puzzles along the way. Unfortunately it kind of means you’ll have to progress through the game before you’re able to get him. If you’re curious about the other Gatlians, our All High On Life Guns and How to Get Them is the guide you’re looking for.
That’s our High on Life Yellow Power Boxes guide. We hope this helped you solve some of the puzzles in the game. For more High on Life content, here are some related articles:
- How to find all High On Life Locations in Downtown Blim City (3/3)
- Where to Find the Human Haven Keycard in High On Life
- How to Use Warp Discs in High on Life
- High On Life: Stab Gene or Not?
- High On Life Red or Blue – Best Choice Guide
- High On Life Slums Luglox Chests Collectible Locations
- High On Life Trolley Tracks Warp Disc Guide
- High On Life Mods Please Ban Achievement Guide
- High On Life Gunning For Your Job Achievement Guide
- How to Get Knifey in High On Life
- How to get the Jetpack in High on Life
- How to Beat All Bosses in High On Life
- High on Life Blim City Luglox Chests Collectible Locations
- Where to Find the Secret Movie Theater in High On Life
- Where to Find a Drum in High On Life
- High on Life Achievements Guide & How to 100%
- High On Life Voice Actors and Cast
- How to Beat 5-Torg: High On Life Secret Boss
- All High On Life Guns and How to Get Them
- High On Life Preload Guide
- Is High on Life coming to PS4 and PS5?
- Is High On Life on Game Pass? (Answered)
- How long to beat High On Life
Check out this Youtube video from Hopezera Gaming showing the first time you meet every weapon in High on Life.